For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: West River Westies VI - Going Green in the Green Mountains  (Read 23825 times)

Red Baron

West River Westies VI - Going Green in the Green Mountains
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
Now that the winter doldrums are long gone, spring showers and thunderstorms have past, Economic Stimulus Checks received along with IRS tax refunds and everyone is alive, awake and well, we now find we are only 27 days away from West River Westies VI.

There are some new things added this year to WRW VI to go along with some of the old ones. First and foremost is that WRW VI is going "GREEN" this year! I'm sure all are aware of the association with the color green with our environment and other environmental related issues.

On Saturday morning July 18th, inlieu of a motorized caravan, there will be a Bike Caravan from the campground to the Scott Covered Bridge about 1.2 miles north on State Forest Road which parallels the West River. The road is fairly level and there are several scenic and interesting places along the route. So be sure to bring your "wheels" and "camera' whether they have one, two, three or maybe four wheels. Bike safety equipment including helmets are recommended.

For those arriving on Friday afternoon and early evening, the Master BBQ Chef Eric Lindskog, will have his famous "Pulled Pork Sandwiches" available for those in need of food after a short or long drive. His world famous charcoal BBQ Ribs will also be available at the Potluck Supper on Saturday evening.

Master BBQ Chef Eric Lindskog and Pinto

There's more info coming, so stay tuned. Call Bald Mountain Campground for reservations ( 1-802-365-7510 ). Site price remains the same as previous years which includes W/E, however, the 60 sites reserved for WRW are on a first come first serve basis. Campfire wood is also available at cost as are ice and other items. Food, gas, wine, ice and other supplies are available locally.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:18:48 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:13:16 AM »
We'll be there.  Friday morning if possible.  More likely early afternoon, with the bus, loaded with tubes....

Hey guys, wait for me. I wanna go tubing to!

Yes, and there will be the Tube Regatta on Saturday afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

Red Baron

West River Westies VI T-Shirts and Coffee Mugs
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »
To go along with this years "Green " theme at West River Westies VI, we are again offering logoed T-Shirts. These shirts, produced locally in Brookline, VT are Gildan, 100% cotton, pre-shrunk in Ash Gray with this years logo in green. Available in sizes small, medium, large and extra large at $10.00. Extra extra large available at $12.00.

Also offered this year is a commemorative coffee mug with the same "Green" theme logo at $9.00.

If you are interested in either of these items, send your check or money order to Nevin Lescher, 295 Reed Ave, Windsor Locks, CT 06096-1230. Orders must be received no later than July 10th. Delivery will be at West River Westies  VI on July 17th and 18th.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unitedstaging.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »
ill be there!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by St.Bus »
78Loaf
aka 78Kombi on FullMoonBusClub.com

Red Baron

How do you get to West River Westies VI?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
It's very easy, just follow the directions on the map below. From the South & North via I-91 or from the East & West via Route 9. There are other back road routes and shortcuts, but you're on your own following these.

There is a shortcut in Brattleboro to avoid the downtown traffic at the intersection of Routes 9 & 5. Follow this shortcut if coming via I-91 or Route 9 to get to Route 30. Caution: Be carefull, it's a residential area and there's a steep grade with a hairpin turn at the bottom, so test your brakes!

A brief word of caution: Watch your speed on Route 30 north from Brattleboro to Townshend. As Newfane is the headquarters of the Windham County Sheriffs and a detachment of Vermont State Troopers, need I say more about that!! Also, some of the local gravel roads become a little bumpy and slick, especially if there has been recent rainfall.

Have a safe trip and everyone is looking forward to your arrival, hopefully not on a Flatbed or Tow Truck. If you need to bone-up on your driving skills, take this online driving test offered by Liberty Mutual Insurance. It's not only for older Bus Drivers but all drivers.

http://http://www.libertymutual.com/driverseat
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:22:12 PM by Red Baron »

prez

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »
Be there or be square-[I hope I don't become involved in my 3rd tornado, though.] On the other hand, it may be a charm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by prez »

Red Baron

John's Car Corner, Westminister, VT
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 04:58:40 PM »
John Hamil, a longtime LiMBO member and owner of John's Car Corner in Westminster, VT will have his shop open Friday, July 17th and Saturday morning, July 18th. He has on hand a great assortment of parts for most VW Transporters, some which are very rare and not available elsewhere. He also has a vast collection of Volkswagen memoribila on display. So, if you have the time while at West River Westies and are in need of that special VW part, stop over at John's on Route 5 in Westminister. You can't go wrong at John's Car Corner and if he doesn't have it, no one else will!.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:19:16 PM by Red Baron »

Red Baron

July/Aug 2009 Transporter
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 05:16:29 PM »

For those who are not LiMBO members and would like to join, there will be a few complementary copies available as well as the membership application form.

Red Baron

West River Westies Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 10:27:23 AM »
Again this year there will awards.

1st & 2nd Place - LiMBO Regatta
                          Best Captain's Costume - LiMBO Regatta
                          Oldest Bus
                          Best Camp Setup
                          Longest Distance Traveled

beebrew

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »
I can't wait until West River Westies. But something seems strange. I think the anti-mater Nevin from an alternate universe has planned it. As we all know the real Nevin likes Red. Everything he owns is red, or will be as soon be painted red. This "Green Theme" is an indication the Red Baron may have been abducted by aliens and altered in some inverse fashion. The Green Baron should be watched very carefully!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by beebrew »

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
West River Going Green
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
Guy I think you are on too something here! I think the Gnome is comeing out of him. Just wait till you see what the Hole in the Woods Gang has for him this year. Yes it is green, and you better show up to see what it is! See you all there, you do not want to miss this. Later The Con Kid
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »
Yeah, something is amiss. I'm supposed to be the green machine..  And Nevin is Der Baron Ruge.  The plot thickens...   See everyone at West River!!  Less than two weeks to go.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

Red Baron

4th of July West River Westies Preview
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »
The Red Baron is still red as usual and has had no serious encounters with the greeny aliens at West River Westies, as you can see here.

I did, however, circum to their request that I must wear "GREEN CONS" and that is no (con/in)verse statement!

The dam Green Cons shrank when I went tubing in the West River, so I took them off and napped in my Detox bed.

See more of what went on at the West River Westies 4th of July Preview in the Photo Album. X-treme tubing was really XX-treme!

Red Baron

Construction Delays I-91
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »
Be advised that those coming north on I-91 to West River Westies may encounter delays from traffic backup at two places. One just north of the I-91/I-291 Interchange in Springfield, MA. The other, is just past the Vermont Welcome Center were bridge construction reduces both north and southbound lanes to one each way. Depending on the time of day, expect northbound traffic to backup several miles up the hill south of the Welcome Center.

Red Baron

Greenies Reported at West River Westies
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 05:51:57 PM »
There have been reports circulating around southern Vermont that a band of aliens known as the "Greenie Gnomes" will invade West River Westies this year and they are most likely to be found in sleeping bags, coolers, Porta-Potties, engine compartments and even in cylinder heads, distributors, water pumps, injectors and you name it. If you suspect you have seen any of these "Greenies", let us know and arrangements will be made for your immediate admission to the Detox Ward at Grace Cottage Hospital!.

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.