For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: ABA engine conversion  (Read 2587 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
ABA engine conversion
« on: April 24, 2005, 01:43:57 AM »
;D Hello all, just wanted to comment on a recent Engine conversion I had completed on My 88 Wolfsburg by the Autobahn Society in Georgia. You will notice the smiley at the begining of this post, thats what my face has looked like for the past couple of days. Had I known this waould have improved the performance this much I would have done this a couple of years ago. I am on my second Wolfsburg, also have an 87 I use for parts. The cooling problem and the head leaks and having to use the special anti freeze hav been my major problem with both, after much research I decided to go with the 125hp aba Jetta Engine. They use a unique Mercedes Hydraulic mount which eliminates any noticable vibration. The low end is adequate but not going to burn up any tires( i have an automatic) but the impressive power is noticed between 45mph & 80mph this engine really hums and gets their very quickly. So nice to get a tractor Trailer on your but and be able to pull away from him, couldn't do that with the waterboxer. Anyway just thought I would put this out for those looking to covert. Any ? please email me. Also if you need anything for an 87 Wolfsburg let me know. <br>                              Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: ABA engine conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 08:43:48 PM »
I am putting the finishing touches on a similar conversion.<br>Higher hp and more torque. Glad to hear yours is running nice. I took mine for a test ride last night planning on a car s how today and the rebuilt tranny sings in first and second.<br> :'(<br>Are you running a serpentine belt setup?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.