For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: VW Celebrates 30 Years of the Transporter  (Read 3147 times)

Red Baron

VW Celebrates 30 Years of the Transporter
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:00:45 AM »
The T-3 Transporter celebrated its 30th birthday this year at the "Techno Classic" in Essen, Germany this last April 2 thru 5. Volkswagen's display was entirely dedicated to the T-3 Transporter. In 3 decades, 5.5 million were sold.

"Happy Birthday T-3 Transporter"

Read all about it here with more photos.
http://http://www.javno.com/en-lifestyle/photo--vw-celebrates-30-years-of-transporter_246614

And while we celebrate "Happy Birthday T-3 Transporter" we must also recognize and commend our LiMBO Webmaster for getting the LiMBO Website back on line in less than three days!.

"Great Job Phil, we all appreciate your loyal efforts"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »
Were there ever any hard-top camper versions of the T-3's sold anywhere?   Like the Bays, with sink unit, screened windows, table.  I know we had the multi-van with the pop-top, carats with same interior (but no pop-top).

Just curious.  I'm surprised with the prices of pop-top Westy's, why more self-made hard-top campers are not around?    

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23:22 AM »
Quote from: "Vanagonjr"
Were there ever any hard-top camper versions of the T-3's sold anywhere?   Like the Bays, with sink unit, screened windows, table.  I know we had the multi-van with the pop-top, carats with same interior (but no pop-top).

Just curious.  I'm surprised with the prices of pop-top Westy's, why more self-made hard-top campers are not around?    

John

I don't believe we got any here in the states.  I did see one years ago in Vermont.  A fella had imported it from Germany. It was an 85 with a hard top and all the camper stuff inside. The rear cabinets were curved to match the roof line and It had a really neat side window behind the driver that was one piece of plexiglass and was hinged at the top and pop open at the bottom.  It had Westfalia markings on it so I knew it was a factory installed item.  Unfortunately the bus was wiped out a few years later by a careless driver.  Not sure what happened to it, I would have loved to have that window.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.