For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Is FMBC offline  (Read 6026 times)

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Is FMBC offline
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »
whats up with fmbc on 3/15 ??   I like limbo but the forum structure is not as good as fmbc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by corvairbusguy »

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Don't know CBG
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »
I had trouble this morning trying to get onto Full Moon Bus Club. Still not connecting. Had trouble yesterday too but I lost my internet at home. Called the phone company yesterday (not Verizon) and got an answering machine. Anyhow, I will message SteelersBus on Facebook and see if something is going on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by missnken »
Go\'in on a van ride.

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:29:01 AM »
"Full Moon Bus Club"

It just might have been their FORUM that got them offline. I am guessing, I don't know.
I DO know that web sites, especially popular ones, are under constant attack by hackers and spammers. Maybe that is what happened to FMBC.
LiMBO once got attacked and we were shut down for a couple of days. A hacker found a weakness in the software and hacked into the whole web server.  Our Web host shut us down. Luckily I have a very good working relationaship with our Web Hoster and they let me have access to it until I fixed the security issue. They trusted me that I wouldn't endanger their server until all was fixed. Not all web hosting companies are that trusting and generous. I wish the folks at Full Moon Bus Club the best of luck. And, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I will more than willing to help out.

Phil
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

Mookman3162

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »
I can't get on it either, so the site must be down.  I've been trying randomly throughout yesterday and today and so far nothing.  I'm starting to go through withdraws
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Mookman3162 »

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
still not working
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »
hmmm, they just started a drive to fund the server cost and the 10th anniversary campout in in 10 days, not good

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Update
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »
FMBC Admin posted on facebook that they aren't sure what the problem is and they are working on it.  That was earlier today, so hopefully they we be back online soon!  We can always get the forums rocking over here in the meantime since alot of us are members on both forums!!! :)  

Phil, thanks for the insight on how these websites get hacked.....hope it ends up being nothing malicious!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by missnken »
Go\'in on a van ride.

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »
Like I said earlier, it is nasty out there. SPammers and hackers are always trying to break into something. Remember, this stuff is accessible from all over the world. Some guy sitting in his apartment outside of Singapore could be hacking away at FMBC.

Anyway, I don't know the admin over at full moon bus club but if they have access to domain forwarding LiMBO would be glad to offer a page or 2 to them to explain what is happening.

In other words, if they could send all www.fullmoonbusclub.com to www.limbobus.org/~FMBC, I would be glad to do it. I could set it up in less than 10 minutes.

So, if you know anyone over there, telll them that I am making this offer.

Phil

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
server still down
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »
I think aaron carlton and travis adams are the head admins, but their website is down too

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »
Full Moon Bus Club is back on line. I am glad all is well.

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.