For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Webmaster  (Read 10893 times)

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
Webmaster
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »
Oh great Pontiff of York, boy did you hit the nail on the head. I only made Westy in the Woods once(the year I didn`t have a dog) with my grandaughter and we loved it. We are losing a great tradition what will be next? Limbo what say you, step up and let you be heard. This is where you can say it, so say it. N.J. sucks ok I said it. later the Con Kid
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

Red Baron

New Jersey Sucks!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »
DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS GUY?

Well you should. He's the so called Top Dog in New Jersey Politics and most likely the guy responsible for changes in regulations at New Jersey's Parks and Forests that has forced cancellation of Westies in the Woods at Stokes State Forest this year.

Here's a little profile about this guy that puts him right up there with other corrupt politicians like Ron Blagovitch, Bill Richardson, Tom Diachle, Chris Dodd just to name a few and don't forget the Mayor of Hartford, Eddie Perez.

He was a former CEO of Goldman-Sachs and was kicked out but still took 400 million bucks with him.

He likes to speed on his own highways. On April 12, 2007 he was involved in an accident on the Garden State Parkway in a state SUV traveling 90mph in a 65mph zone and he didn't even have his seat belt on. He wound up with numerous severe injuries including plastic surgery and after 18 days in the hospital he was released on April 30th and again was clocked on I-295 doing 70mph in a 55mph zone enroute to the Governor's Mansion, "Drumthwacket" in Princeton to recuperate. ( Maybe a new name change is needed here-----like "Dumptheracket" ). He later made a Public Service Announcement advocating seat belts which started out, "I'm New Jersey governor Jon Corzine and I should be dead". What a marvelous statement!

His wife of 33 years also kicked him out and he then took up with a Bimbo named Carla Katz and moved her into his condo apartment in Hoboken. She also got tired of him and out he went again, but this time he had to settle up with her for 6 million bucks, including 1.1 million to buy the Hoboken Condo, a new Volvo SUV and other goodies.

Now really guys, is this the kind of people in government that's good for the welfare of all? Not that the governor personally might have had anything to do with New Jersey Parks and Forest Regulations, but I'm sure his underlings from the new DEP Commissioner on down the line had their fingers in the pie. It sure don't present New Jersey's image as a upscale tourism place to visit. As an interesting point, the New Jersey DEP, which oversees the Parks and Forests, has had 16 Commissioners since the department was formed in 1970. Think about that one? One Commissioner every 2.5 years!

I agree that New Jersey really Sucks and BTW, the guy in picture is Governor Jon Steven Corzine and he's up for re-election in November this year. New Jersey residents, think that one over!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:59:19 AM »
Nice research there Baron Rouge...  Next we need a contact info for someone at the DEP so we can launch a letter writing campaign!!

You know why everyone in New York is so grouchy?  Because the light at the end of the tunnel is.. New Jersey!!

Thank you.. I'll be here all week.  Don't forget to tip your waitress. Try the veal!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »
Let's have a round of applause for the comedy stylings of "Big Jim" Mr. Limbo. He is currently on tour across the country appearing in fine restrooms everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

jon

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 02:54:16 PM »
Yes, we are off to a bad start with these governmental regulations bombarding us from everywhere.  Please, Mr Barron -the entire northeast is infected with the out of control over-regulated government virus.  I have camped any where my eye takes a liking to nearly all my life and will continue to do so.   Downtown NYC is a yearly favorite-I believe Mr. Bloomberg has more cash than Corzine-neither of whom will take away me doing what I like and when I want to.  To me, they are all SUV idiots driving down a highway in the left lane doing 90 with no seatbelts or brains.   We can do better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by jon »

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
Webmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 06:26:31 PM »
Hello Jon it`s about time you got off the road and on the Limbo forum. Now maybe you should stand up and introduce your self. As the new President of Limbo, I know I am looking forward too what you can bring to the club. Later the Con Kid
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
I was at the camping show, in Springfield, the other day and saw some reps from New Jersey. After I gave them an earful, which I'm sure they didn't care in the least, they were kind enough to give me a state  
published campground directory to call about our camping in New Jersey issue.  

I found the Governor's address:

Office of the Governor
125 West State Street
PO Box 001
Trenton, NJ 08625-0001

Phone number for Office of Tourism: 800-VISIT-NJ
Phone number for the Parks and Forestry: 609-292-2797

Lets give them an earful!!

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »
What would be nice would be to have the address to write instead of call. Better yet, to have the email address.

What would be REALLY nice is to have everybody whoever went to "Westies in the Woods" write a letter or email complaining about this new policy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

Bradleyvw

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:04 PM »
For-getta-bout Jersey, come to NY to the Big Duck.  Oh yeah, most of you guys do. (except Phil!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Bradleyvw »

Bradleyvw

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Re: Webmaster
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 08:32:10 PM »
Quote from: "rmace"
Hello Jon it`s about time you got off the road and on the Limbo forum. Now maybe you should stand up and introduce your self. As the new President of Limbo, I know I am looking forward too what you can bring to the club. Later the Con Kid

Yeah Jon, we need a presidential speech
SPEECH!.................SPEECH!................SPEECH!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Bradleyvw »

vetterdog

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Westies etc
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 12:42:32 PM »
Great to see John- how's things in Greenwood Lake? Has anyone discussed a new location for these spring trips? Maybe move Westies in the woods to the Flanders NJ campout location?? It's privately owned! Someone tell Tim! Is anyone going to Jim Thorpe?
 -Dave (79 westy w/bamboo interior!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vetterdog »

KevinJ

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »
Howdy,

Maybe its just me but would someone please include the text of this letter to Tim in full so that I could understand why it was impossible to book a group campsite.

How impossible would it have been to reserve the site and then send out a message to Limbo and also to all of the other camping group sites that you know have attended in the past to tell them all that if they plan to attend they need to supply Tim with a license plate number in advance.

Again excuse my ignorance on the matter as I don't know exactly what the letter said but maybe someone can tell me why "This is simply idiotic. It is un-doable.".

Thanks Much
Kevin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by KevinJ »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »
Quote from: "KevinJ"
Howdy,

Maybe its just me but would someone please include the text of this letter to Tim in full so that I could understand why it was impossible to book a group campsite.

How impossible would it have been to reserve the site and then send out a message to Limbo and also to all of the other camping group sites that you know have attended in the past to tell them all that if they plan to attend they need to supply Tim with a license plate number in advance.

Again excuse my ignorance on the matter as I don't know exactly what the letter said but maybe someone can tell me why "This is simply idiotic. It is un-doable.".

Thanks Much
Kevin

Its mine understanding that Tim could only book the site and have a maximum number of buses and people at 22.  Plus he would need to have all licence numbers of the buses coming.  The campout normally draws 60 plus buses and double that in people.

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't mind giving my license number. But at the same time something might come up, we may not arrive, and that wouldn't be fair to someone else who wanted to come.  As a former campout promoter, I know that some people don't make definite plans until a week or so before the event.  So it just made more sense to Tim to cancel the event.  Too bad too, I was looking forward to going again this year.

prez

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:43 PM »
Any questions, speak to me.   Jon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by prez »

KevinJ

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
Quote from: "MrLiMBO"
Its mine understanding that Tim could only book the site and have a maximum number of buses and people at 22.  Plus he would need to have all licence numbers of the buses coming.  The campout normally draws 60 plus buses and double that in people.

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't mind giving my license number. But at the same time something might come up, we may not arrive, and that wouldn't be fair to someone else who wanted to come.  As a former campout promoter, I know that some people don't make definite plans until a week or so before the event.  So it just made more sense to Tim to cancel the event.  Too bad too, I was looking forward to going again this year.

Thanks MrLiMBO for the response. Although I agree with some of your assesments I still don't agree that the event should have been cancelled. Is the event going to happen next year? Or is it gone for good? I know of 6 vans that would have gladly given up their plate numbers and shown up for the event as they have been there for the last 3-4 years.

Now I agree that people wait until the last minute sometimes to come, I have done that. But in this case people would have had to plan ahead.

Now saying that I personally know a NJ State Ranger stationed up in Stokes who has been there for years. When I mentioned the issues mentioned here about the campout rules being changed he had no knowledge of that being so. Also when I asked him about changes in the Group Campsite vehicle and or people restrictions he mentioned that the information on the website is up to date and nowhere on the website does it mention the restrictions mentioned as to why the campout was cancelled. Of course he could be wrong as again I don't have the letter in front of me.

I'm familiar with the event as it is the one and only VW campout I've been going to for the last 7 years.

I have taken over an event this year that takes place up in Stokes in May. This year will be the 27th year. Please let me know if Westies will not be taking place next year as I will be more than happy to take over reserving a campsite and making sure those of us that can plan ahead and show up will have a place to spend the weekend and have a good time.

Thanks
Kevin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by KevinJ »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.