For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Webmaster  (Read 10913 times)

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 11:28:09 AM »
Your points are well taken Kevin and valid. But I supposed what really bothers us all is the point "If it is not broken, don't fix it".  In other words, for us there is no reason to impose new rules that will, in effect, kill the campout.
Since I do the web advertising for the event I often have conversations with Tim D. about what to post for the event. Tim pretty much says that after so many years the event has a life of its own, it carries on by its own momentum. People have things to do on Memorial Day weekend, family gatherings, cookouts, and etc. So, folks come to WITW for a day or two, then go home. It is very transient, with people coming and going all the time. What is Tim going to do? Since only 22 vehicals are allowed is going to say, "Don't send in your license plate number until you are absolutely sure you are coming? Because there is limited space. In other words, he becomes the gatekeeper. The person who says "you can come, but you others can't" I certainly wouldn't want to do that.
Westies in the Woods have been going on for years without any trouble. People come and they go as they manage their family obligations and etc.  At peak times the group camping area can have as many as 40 to 50 vehicles. All without any trouble for all those years.  So what is the point of the new rules? Why? Why?
What did we do wrong that these new rules are necessary? The answer is NOTHING.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.