For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Any updates on air cooled or other AVP rebuilt motors  (Read 3971 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Any updates on air cooled or other AVP rebuilt motors
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:06:29 AM »
I have a 1980 air cooled Westfalia and I need the motor rebuilt. I am in Boston and since Bob from Boston Engine passed away Stan and Glen are not currently rebuilding air cooled motors. They are only rebuilding water boxers. I looked at Jake Raby's web site which was referred to me by the Bus Boys and I do not want to wait or spend 7000.00 on a motor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
Any updates on air cooled rebuilt motors
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:39:57 PM »
Try Jon Gaygon at foreignautosupply.com he is in Harpswell Me his shops # 207 833 0009 he does great work. later the Con Kid tell him Rich from Westerly sent you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

Stanagon

• Global Moderator
  • LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »
Slight correction to the above.

Stan and Gary are building air-cooled VW motors, but not the 2.0L right now. We are building Bug motors though. Hopefully we will have the 2.0L engines back in production this year.

Gary LeBlanc (the engine builder) has relocated Bob's boring bar for line boring 2.0L engine cases but still needs to set it up properly. Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it;), we have been very busy with 1.6L air-cooled and 2.1L water-boxer motor jobs and haven't had much time to focus on 2.0L engines yet.

By the way, Gary's new website is:
www.suburbanengine.com

-Stanagon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Stanagon »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.