For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: vw has discontinued the eurovan for north america  (Read 2919 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
vw has discontinued the eurovan for north america
« on: March 25, 2005, 03:19:29 PM »
vw has discontinued the eurovan for north america as of 2004 because it no longer meets their corporate goals.  i have e-mailed them a couple of times and it looks like the end for a trusted friend to all of us.  i think that if vw brought the diesel to north america, they could make a killing using fuel economy as a sales pitch.  so far, the company says no.  we as faithful owners had better unite and let vw know how we feel.  the fight may have already been lost; but i still say it's worth it.  i don't relish the thought of a gas guzzler from another mother.<br>just thought the rest of you should know - oatmeal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: vw has discontinued the eurovan for north amer
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 10:37:13 AM »
Yea I was bummed when they stopped the T4 EuroVan in '03 and am not surprised by their decision to stay out of the US van market. They got whacked pretty hard with import duties on every van and had a hard time competing with US-made vans from domestic and Asian marques.<br><br>Looks like those '03 EuroVans might be collectible some day. Apparently they are a bit hard to find even now.

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: vw has discontinued the eurovan for north amer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:29:43 PM »
CORPERATE POLCIY STATES" $$$" IT WOULD HAVE COST VW CONSUMER ON A AVERAGE OF OVER $45,000,00 THAT IS BEFORE TAXES . IN OTHER WORDS THE SAME FATE THAT KILLED THE NEW MICRO BUS IS THE END OF A ERA FOR THE T4 . GREED

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.