For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: 2009 events  (Read 5215 times)

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
2009 events
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »
Not that I ever make any, but anyone know any dates for 2009 events.  I guess I'm thinking places mainly New England, but south the PA / MD or west to NY OK.  

I figure if I plan way ahead, maybe I'll make one.  

John
LiMBO
86 WWW
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

Jkook

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »
I am with you there, I have not made any yet.  I want to, but then my job keeps getting in the way (I would think of quiting, but Stan the Van is quite the mouth to feed!).  Maybe we could come up with some small regional drives and campouts for this area.  I am in the Merrimack Valley and like to go up to NH, VT, ME, and I want to go to Western Ma and explore the back roads as well.  
Maybe we can figure something out for this are.

In Merrimack, MA there is an old style drive-in burger joint called Skips.  They have 4 or 5 cruise nights a season, mostly older muscle cars, but a few imports here and there.  It would be fun to have a few Transporters roll in for 1 or 2 of the cruise nights!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jkook »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:43:08 PM »
DAR state park in Goshen, north of North Hampton is pretty good place.  Has a couple of Ponds as well, good swimmig beach with a separate one for the campers.

Bathroom pretty good, only 2 showers! and typical mass state park quality - Grrrrr.  :x

My problem with making events, is that we camp a couple a times a year with our kayak club, stay at a friend's cabin in NH a couple of times, camp at DAR for a week during the horse show, my daughter and wife hit 2 more horse shows, (she stayed in the Westy more than me last year!) and that doesn't really leave time to do much else.  One year before the horse shows, we camped 7 times, now it is 3-4 times.  

Wouldn't mind a solo trip or take 1 kid and hit some local spots.
Plates off van now - camping season for me is over for now.
John

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
Forgot to add - Hope to make West River Westys - that is a great area.

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
2009 events
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 10:55:11 AM »
That idea about Skips sounds like fun. Would be good to have a Transporter fest there one nite. Give the muscle cars a run for their money (in a different way). I too am in the Merrimack Valley and always looking for new contacts.
Will be going to West River again (great times there) and see what can happen this year for weekend trips to state parks in NH and MA. We have to see how our Wolfsburg Weekender works for camping this year :)

Keep the ideas coming.

:D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by CBussin86 »
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro
86 Westy (currently under construction)
85 Wolfsburg Westy Weekender (Muffin)
85 Westy (we call him "parts")

Jkook

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 07:04:27 PM »
CBussin86,

Skips is right down the road from me, I can talk to them about transporterfest 09'.  I won't unless the rest of NEATO and LIMBO tell me to.  The "show lot" is very big, I have not been to Lars, but I would say from the photos that I saw, Skips is bigger, plus there is food there.  Camping is abundant with in 15 to 30 minutes driving.  The Wards are about 45 minutes to an hour away.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jkook »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 08:12:35 AM »
There was some trouble to Lars-Anderson Park this past fall.  Apparently, they are having a dispute with a neighbor that owns the land across the driveway from the main field.  So we couldn't use that area.  Which really put a crimp in our show parking.  

Not sure why the food vendor never showed.  Perhaps we'll have to hire our own vendor this year.  The vendor that the museum hired in the past was way over priced anyway.  

I'm was just thinking, maybe we can do it ourselves.  I'll volunteer to man the grill with burgers and dogs. Since I'm not a licensed caterer I can't charge for food, but a "donation" will be accepted.  After expenses, all  proceeds will benefit the club.   Then we really will have the "LiMBO Diner".  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unitedstaging.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 03:51:09 PM »
looks like ill be living in the Athol area this summer..so i can certainly scout some new spots for all you city folk!
and yeah West River is a great spot..Im looking forward to some more of that moonshine!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by St.Bus »
78Loaf
aka 78Kombi on FullMoonBusClub.com

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.