For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Transporterfest 08  (Read 3068 times)

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
Transporterfest 08
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:59 PM »
Well I finally made it to a VW event WITH my VW.  Weather was great and lot's of great vans and bugs, ghias, other VW's and even a Thing.

The oval window bugs with sunroofs were really something.  Tastefully lowered and with nice rims, but otherwise looking pretty original.  Really liked the chocolate brown one and the crowd did too - people's choice award.

Loved Karl Bower's bay window Westy with Safari rear window. Also a people's choice award.  Stan's bus won best Patina - I also voted for that one as well - what can I say, great minds think alike!

Was cringing cause my van was so dirty - oh well went sailing on a 1905 Herreshoff sailboat the day before - time well spent.

I did wash the van during the week - 1st time in 2 years - yeah, I was inspired.  

John
LiMBO
86 WWW (Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
transporterfest 08
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 08:57:36 PM »
Yes!! I too voted for Stans Bus!...So I can add myself to the great minds too :) Its a great bus! :)

Was a good time at transporterfest! Good to meet some people from here! (nice to meet you John!) and the weather was perfect.
Too bad about the food situation but was a good time anyway. Liked all the Bugs, Ghias...Never went to one of those events before so it was good to see all the VWs together like that and the pride shows!
 Liked to see some of the general public as questions about the vans and show interest in the event. We got so many people in and out of our van.  We talked to some folks for a while about the aspects of our Westy, many who have not ever seen them before. Many did not know there was a bed up under the poptop. "you can sleep up there???" hehe.. Was quite a day!

Now our Happy Bus is going away for the winter (almost Syncro season!) but what a good way to end the season. Will definately be going back next year!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by CBussin86 »
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro
86 Westy (currently under construction)
85 Wolfsburg Westy Weekender (Muffin)
85 Westy (we call him "parts")

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Re: Transporterfest 08
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »
Quote from: "Vanagonjr"
Well I finally made it to a VW event WITH my VW.  Weather was great and lot's of great vans and bugs, ghias, other VW's and even a Thing.

The oval window bugs with sunroofs were really something.  Tastefully lowered and with nice rims, but otherwise looking pretty original.  Really liked the chocolate brown one and the crowd did too - people's choice award.

Loved Karl Bower's bay window Westy with Safari rear window. Also a people's choice award.  Stan's bus won best Patina - I also voted for that one as well - what can I say, great minds think alike!

Was cringing cause my van was so dirty - oh well went sailing on a 1905 Herreshoff sailboat the day before - time well spent.

I did wash the van during the week - 1st time in 2 years - yeah, I was inspired.  

John
LiMBO
86 WWW (Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender

John your van did not look dirty at all!! I dont think so! Was good to see a nice Weekender to look forward to when we get Muffin going.
Shes almost done !
Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by CBussin86 »
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro
86 Westy (currently under construction)
85 Wolfsburg Westy Weekender (Muffin)
85 Westy (we call him "parts")

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 10:44:58 AM »
Food pointer for next year

For next year, there is (Chinese) food within walking distance as long as you don;t mind walking 1.2 to 1.5 miles one way at  the Mandarin Gourmet.   Lunch specials were $7.00 to $7.50, included  soup (hot & sour or ?, a chicken wing, fired rice and your meal and free tea.

Maybe I'll just bring a stove or bag lunch next time.

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.