For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Volkswagen Routan  (Read 5465 times)

Red Baron

Volkswagen Routan
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
"The People's Chrysler?" It's already getting some new names-----Chryswagen?   Volksler?   Chroutan?  Anyone got some others?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:55:34 PM »
How about the Rottan?

Has anyone seen one of these up close yet?  Or should I just go up to a Chrysler dealer and look at one of those?

Another question,  in the event someone decides to buy one of these vans, should we include them in the club?  We are 68 and NEWER VW vans.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Re: Volkswagen Routan
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:57:51 AM »
Quote from: "Red Baron"
"The People's Chrysler?" It's already getting some new names-----Chryswagen?   Volksler?   Chroutan?  Anyone got some others?

'ROUTAN' is 'ROTTEN'  with an accent !

I saw one at the dealers tent at the BUGJAM.  Most folks just passed it by. I would be interested in seeing what the sales figures are.  And spokesperson Brooke Shields lost her TV gig!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:02:51 AM by corvairbusguy »

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 09:02:14 AM »
Another question, in the event someone decides to buy one of these vans, should we include them in the club? We are 68 and NEWER VW vans.

Mr Limbo, it is not a van, only a large passenger vehicle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by corvairbusguy »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 09:37:26 AM »
Chances are if someone does buy one of those mini-vans, they won't be interested in our little club.  

I stopped by Dana VW in Northampton , MA on my way home from T-fest last month and looked at one.    I still think you'd be better off with the Grand Caravan or Town and Country (If they still offer it).  You'll get a better warranty and 'Stow N Go' Seating.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

aviles

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »
the worst part is vw finally decides to break back into the market and they do this a frankenmonster hybrid daimler-chrysler dub effort, i  hope this doesnt make them pull the plug for ever, why couldnt they  have just imported the stuff they send to australia, & south africa why why why? :cry:  :cry:  :cry: if your gonna pay 26-38 k for a vdub it better be a vdub...shame on you VW  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by aviles »

Red Baron

Obamamobile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 08:11:30 PM »
I think Barack and our "SS" ( aka:Secret Service ) should have gone with a heavily armored VW Routan ( MADE in CANADA ) for his Presidential Limo. After all, what he's getting is nothing more than a left-over Caddie from GM and they're about to go down the tubes with the rest of the US automakers! Hope the "SS" inflates the tires with nitrogen at the specified pressure. With what he spent on his campaign he could easily afford a new AirBus A-380 for Air Force 1 instead of that aged Boeing 747-200B, aka VC-25A. Why not, most everything else isn't marked "Made in USA"?

http://http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/11/obama--limo-be-a-hybrid-obamamobile.php?daylife=1
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

Jkook

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 12:11:22 PM »
The Routan is just sad.  I truely believe Brook needs to up the Prozac, or she maybe that good of an actress?  

I believe the big 3 are in great shape due to having the country's back up against the wall, they are in a win-win situation, while we will all pay either way.  Upfront with a bail out then the come back for more next summer, or if the go bankrupt, they move all operations to China and we are left with unemployment and the federal government assumes the pension fund that the CEO cleaned out like a Haitian Dictator!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jkook »

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Brooke is out!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »
Looks like our gal Brenda Starr is out of a gig!

Just look at the new Routan ads, no Brooke, just a pregnant looking 30+ mom to be and a dufus hubby on her arm who looks like the shock of being a dad is trumped only by the Routans $39,000 PRICE!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by corvairbusguy »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.