For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 3323 times)

aviles

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
New Hampshire
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
Jellystone in Ashland is good and they have secluded sites w/ hook ups & the kids love it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by aviles »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:00:53 PM »
I've stayed at Lafeyette State PArk right in Franconia Notch State Park.  You will hear the road at night (don't stay here during Bike week - some fools are riding all night long, hence the death hitting a moose by one night rider), but it's pretty quite at night, especially if it is not Friday.

The best part about this place, it is on the bike path, you can visit Echo Lake for Swimming at no charge, and there is good hiking, or take the gondola up Cannon Mtn.

Basin and The Flume, are near by, popular spots for 1st timers to the Notch.  Visitor center is not far away.  Artist Bluff, a small hike across from Echo Lake is worth it.

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

Jkook

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »
I have done quite a bit of car camping in NH.  I love the NH stateparks, but alot of them do not allow dogs, and what is camping without the pooch?  Bearbrook Park allows dogs and went there a few weeks ago.  Great hiking trails, nice facilities, good bicycling, nice ponds, and people shut up at a decent hour.  

I have been to a few Nat. forest campgounds, they are nice, and allow dogs, I liked Wildwood off 118. Then there is the Triple I Road in Thorton, NH.  Buy a permit and pull over along the road at a nice spot.  No facilities, but it is nice.

I have stayed in a few private owned places West of I-93, pretty good, most have hookups, some are better priced than others.  There are 2 nice ones off 25 in the Rumney and Wentworth area that are nice and a few private spots.  Would be nice for group to get a block of spots.  There was a great place in Haverhill on 25 that we used to go to for a few years.  Each spot was over 50 yards apart and most had views of the olivarian valley that would take your breath away.  Unfortunately the family that owned it had an internally feud and shut down.  the price there was like 15 dollars a night with a load af fire wood that would last 2 nights of good campfires and cooking, miss that place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jkook »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.