For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Buses By the Bouy  (Read 10837 times)

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Buses By the Bouy
« on: July 29, 2008, 07:01:50 PM »
Hi all...
So whos going to Down home Maine for the BBB??? Would be very difficult to top WRW V but IM sure game for another weekend of fun and meet and greet..

:D
Looking forward to it

Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by CBussin86 »
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro
86 Westy (currently under construction)
85 Wolfsburg Westy Weekender (Muffin)
85 Westy (we call him "parts")

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:24:30 AM »
I figured I would find out this weekend when I see Mike and Sheila King, but where and when is it going to be??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
The Bouy
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »
It will be in Thomaston M.E. at Saltwater Farm Campground september 6-8. Mike let all the Volks who went too Lubec in on it first to secure sites, just his way. Thanks Mike and Sheila King can`t wait to see-ya at the Bouy. Volks this is one great campout don`t miss it. This is  one of the best of New England and the oldest. Don`t miss the coast of Maine in September you won`t  regret it. Later the Con Kid
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

gusbus

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »
we are going to try to go but sept 9th is my wife's due date and i don't want her to go into labor at the campout!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by gusbus »

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Buses By the Bouy
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »
Thanks,
It will be our 1st time here. Cant wait...Hoping to see some famliar faces as well as some Volks we met last at WWW V

Probably a good idea not to go into labor at a campout..your right about that...

And I did not know it was one of the oldest event...the campground sure looks nice on line :)
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro

beebrew

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Busses by the Bouy
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:15:58 PM »
We are going and after that, hitting Acadia, then Cobscook. Or something along those lines. Cobscook is supposed to have nice camping right on the water with clamming on the beach.  Anyone is welcomed to join us.
Guy and Joan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by beebrew »

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
Busses by the Buoy
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
The Hole in the Woods Gang allways goes early to enjoy Freeport after Labor day. We will be camping at Reconpence Labor day weekend and then on to Tomaston for the Buoy. This will be are 5th year of doing this. Watch for photos cause there will be alot. Like I said the coast of Maine is awesome don`t miss it you will be sorry. later the Con Kid PS this is the oldest campout in New England if you don`t belive me just ask the Great One of the North he has so many Buoys he has to trailer all of them down.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Busses By the Bouy
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »
Yes, Freeport is an excellent idea after labor day. Always hit there before going to Hermit Island (on coast near Bath) so will probably go there on the way to BBB also. Would be nice to do a nite or 2 at Hermit also but dont know. Always like Hermit Island!

You are so right the Maine coast is beautiful...
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Getting close
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
Ok its getting close...so whos going ??? :)
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro

beebrew

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 04:24:31 PM »
:(  I guess the question is where to go now the campsite appears to be full. Any ideas? I think there are going to be enough people needing a place, an alternate plan could evolve. Or, am I the only one that did not make reservations? What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by beebrew »

Red Baron

Buses by the Buoy alternatives
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 01:40:50 AM »
Last year there were many that did not cotton to the long journey up to Lubec and opted for someplace within easy driving distance in southern Maine. I think they selected a campground in the Kennebunkport area. As for us, we had not planned on going this year but were disappointed with the organizers choice of such a small campground and its location in the Rockland area.

BTW: We went to Lubec last year and did not get any advance notice about this years BbtB. Found out about it from another source. Also disappointed in that one to!

If someone comes up with a place in southern Maine, we just might come and join you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

Re: Buses by the Buoy alternatives
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:13:41 AM »
Quote from: "Red Baron"
Last year there were many that did not cotton to the long journey up to Lubec and opted for someplace within easy driving distance in southern Maine. I think they selected a campground in the Kennebunkport area.

If someone comes up with a place in southern Maine, we just might come and join you.

A small group of us, the Wohlfarths, the Phillips, George & Mary Shabot, the Digennaros, Frank & Janet Parsip, the Howland clan and George Bossart camped out at Salty Acres Campground in Kennebunkport.  Nice place on a salt marsh with canals that would take you, by canoe or walk depending on the tide, right out to the ocean.   My Barbra loved it.   That might be a spot to consider.

Red Baron

Buses by the Southern Buoy
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »
:lol: Is there any interest in a mini campout, aka "Buses by the Southern Buoy" at the Salty Acres Campground in Kennebunkport? Nothing fancy, just a plain old friendly campout.  :roll: http://http://www.saltyacrescampground.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

Re: Buses by the Southern Buoy
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 04:29:54 PM »
Quote from: "Red Baron"
:lol: Is there any interest in a mini campout, aka "Buses by the Southern Buoy" at the Salty Acres Campground in Kennebunkport? Nothing fancy, just a plain old friendly campout.  :roll: http://http://www.saltyacrescampground.com

I'll probably pass on the trip myself.  My family is planning a trip to Old Orchard Beach for Laborday weekend.  Can't do two trips to Maine in two weeks.

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Busses By the Bouy
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 07:16:44 PM »
Ohhh too bad the campground was sold out. I take it most of the time its in a larger place? Thats too bad...

But that alternate place you mentioned in does sound good...Very relaxing :)

Ill have to try it ..its not far from my house..

Sounds good...
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.