For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: West River Westies V Reflections  (Read 2684 times)

Red Baron

West River Westies V Reflections
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:57:53 PM »
Before I get into anything else, there was a nice black folding web type chair left in the Hole-in-the-Woods Gang's encampment. I don't really want to keep it over the winter and raffle it off at WRW IV next July like we did with the Yorkville Pontiff's chair this year. Call or E-mail me if it's yours and we'll see how to get it to you.

Has "UMASS Amherst Alumni" Logo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

Red Baron

West River Westies V - Reflections
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »
They came to West River Westies V from 9 states, including the Peach Tree State of Georgia and 3 Canadian Provinces, some 56 Buses with some 120 Bus Pilots, Co-Pilots, their families and friends. One even came 8000 miles from home, but not as the "crow flies".

They came in an assortment of Buses, some arriving by unconventional means,

another with a broken windshield,

and others with various mechanical issues. They all made it, the necessary repairs made and we hope all
had a safe trip home with no further problems.

They came to enjoy themselves, to tube on the river,

Eat great food and BBQ Ribs,

to talk Volkswagen stuff,

to just having a good time making camp ice cream,

or maybe just rest,

and then be generous enough to raise a record $530 thru the bucket raffle to benefit Grace Cottage Hospital in Townshend, VT. Donations like this help fund such needed medical items, such as an Ankle Isolator exerciser for the ReHab Department's patients with ankle injuries at a cost of $400. We tried to divert this donation to establish a "WRW Detox & ReHab Unit" solely for those attending West River Westies who were in need of such rehab, but were denied again, so the funds will be used for Grace Cottages more need equipment.
http://http://www.gracecottage.org

The weather was great, the setting superb, the VW commaderie top-shelf and I hope you and yours had as much fun as we did in these rather difficult economic times. I think you can see it on the faces of those in the pictures in the Photo Album. :D

Again, our thanks to all who came, helped out and enjoyed the event.
See you next year on the River, it's a go!

WAY TO GO - WEST RIVER WESTIES VI
Your West River Westies Wagonmasters,
Nev & Sue Lescher

Red Baron

Letter from Grace Cottage Hospital, Townshend, VT
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:51:39 PM »
We wanted to share this letter from Mary Gyori, at the Grace Cottage Foundation. It kinda makes us feel good and we hope it does the same for you.

Again, our thanks to everyone who came to West River Westies, had some fun and participated in something worthwhile at the same time in this un-certain economic period.

Nev & Sue Lescher

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.