For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: GGB4  (Read 2185 times)

vanagonjohn

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
GGB4
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:54:36 PM »
I have been away from the LiMBO for a little while but have not forgot about you all.  I went to Granny Grosses Bus 4 this last weekend and had a blast.  After 10 hour (562 miles) I arived in good ole Bevertown PA.  The first people I pulled up to was a crew out of New York.  They were a good bunch of poeple (most VW people are) who were more then happy to make me feel welcomed.  I did move the vanny because of bugs and a sun that would not quit.  After setting up and getting a bite to eat it was time to move onto the campfire.  A couple of monnies pulled out their insturments and were my Ipod of the night.  I joined a group that decided to play some midnight bocce ball(sp?).  Don't ask me how because it was something that you had to see.  Morning came and so did the breakfast .  I ate more then one man should ever consume...pancakes, eggs, pancakes,  eggs, the list goes on.  After taking in that much food I did what any grown man should do, sleep.  After getting up and finding some advil to take the pain that was in my head (had nothing to do with any of the beer...or did it).  Rain was falling but we all gathered under the shelter for door prizes and the 50/50.  I walked away with a cool vw shirt.  After a quick bite in the vanny it was back to the shelter for some music.  A moonie who goes by erock (did not get a chance to talk in person but Eric is his name) and his blue grass band picked us into the night.  As the band ended it's final set it was time to bring out the adult sparklers (you had to be there).  After more talking and hanging out it was time to get to sleep for that long drive back to cincy.  I did win the longest drive with the 562 and it was well worth the trip.  I wish I could share pictures and name of people I met but have forgot both of them...just kidding...I did however really forget the camera.  I hope to see you all soon

Peace-
John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vanagonjohn »
1985 westy weekender
1991 Jetta GLI 16v

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.