For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Re: Camping Accessory  (Read 4012 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: Camping Accessory
« on: March 03, 2006, 07:57:27 PM »
You post a link, as I can;t see the pictures you tried to post.  <br><br>I am familar with those roof-top beds with pop-top, which is what I believe that you are talking about.  There's a model called the Magellan which is large and would be great for the top of a Vanagon, by the looks of it on a web site I saw.<br><br>One could get a Westy top and make their own, however with $300- to $500 for the Westy top and $300 for canvas and then seals, you could have as much as $1,000 into their home made one, unless a few great deal come your way.  Makes the price on these look more reasonable, especially if re-sale is figured into the total price.  <br><br>Still my entire van with pop-top wasn't all that much more than that! <br><br>John<br><br>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Red Baron

Re: Camping Accessory
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:37:52 PM »
I agree with John.  A pop top install, while a bit more complicated to do, it much cheaper than those roof mounted tents.  <p><br>I can't see getting one of those tents. You have to crawl up the ladder to get into the tent. Imagine trying to do it half in the bag or in the rain at night.  Just buy a nice tent and set it on the ground if you need extra sleeping.  My family wouldn't have it, but my family is unique.  <p><br>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.