For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Not sure where to put this....7/12/08 CARSHOW FLEETWOOD PA  (Read 5860 times)

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Not sure where to put this....7/12/08 CARSHOW FLEETWOOD PA
« on: January 20, 2008, 06:26:42 PM »
http://www.deutscheclassic.com/

This will be the 3rd year of this event which takes place in our town.  (We live about 5 miles outside of town).  We cannot attest for the turnout since we were out of town for the last 2, but it is getting better every year.  This car show/swap meet is ALL GERMAN, but not VW's only.  ANYWAY....if anyone is interested in coming, we were thinking we can have people camped out at our house (fire ok!) and if enough people are interested we could go to a local campground instead.  Please contact us if you think you might be interested!  

Ken & Malissa Weikel missnken@dejazzd.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by missnken »
Go\'in on a van ride.

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »
I think you are in the right place (posting that is)  Heck of an offer - if I get a friend to go, I might just make it there!  I have not been, but I have heard good things about this show.

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »
Lots to do nearby:  Cabela's is about 30 min. to the north as well as a pretty good junk yard (U PULL IT)- usually has anywhere from 1-4 Vanagons in it at a time, Hiking areas (Appalacian Trail access), Bus Depot is about 30 min from here as well.  Since you would be coming from a distance, you may want to know what's around in case you arrive early and have extra time!  If you want any more info about the area, please let us know! :lol:
Go\'in on a van ride.

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:41:04 PM »
Boy that sounds real great.  I have only one problem is that I think West River Westies will be that weekend.  I love Vermont, haven't been there in years and this was the only VW event I planned to make.

Summer is great, but it seems so many things overlap on dates!

I may still take you up on the offer, especially if my friend wants to take his 911 or Karman Ghia convertible, or perhaps the 914 will be  drivable at that time.  

Peace
John

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:19:39 PM »
I totally understand your plight!!!  We'd like to get up to West River Westies one of these years as well!  These events really creep up on you and next thing you know you're going away every weekend, your house is falling apart and you haven't mowed your grass in a month!!!  hahaha  We are trying to stick to a one event per month schedule, but then......this one's only 'X' hours away, and we need to go to this one because 'X'......it's definately a vicious cycle!  Whatever you decide maybe we'll catch you at another campout this summer!!!   :lol:
Go\'in on a van ride.

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 01:12:47 PM »
LOL!  I hear you too!

Last summer between vacations, horse shows, etc, I was away something like 8 weekends,  in a row, my wife and daugther, with the horseshows, was away even more, like 11 in a row.  Yeah house not being taken care of, trying to mow the lawn in segments after work.  

Why do we have a house in a country?  A condo would make more sense!  So we said, last year, take a vacation at home this year - paint the trim in the morning, play in the afternoon.  Well it already looks like the vacation time is already spoken for!  

Got to start working on the Vanagon now!

Happy trails,
John

88camparoo

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
    • http://www.westfaliaadventures.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:23:08 AM »
I've attended this event for the last couple of years. It is well run and getting bigger each year. Plenty of great cars and conversation. If a campout does happen I would be interested in a night or two. It sounds like fun.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 88camparoo »

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »
All are welcome. We started this figureing that we'd get a half dozen locals or so to hang out in our yard that weekend but the more responses that we get the more I think we are gonna need a campground. Its gone gang busters in responses here and on Fullmoonbusclub.com.

Thanks for all the good response and we will keep everyone updated as things come up.

Ken and Missy
Go\'in on a van ride.

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
BUMP!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »
BUMP.....hey, don't forget about our little 'camp in the yard' campout! We hope to spend the weekend with afew friends (old and new welcome!) hanging out at our home with a Saturday drive to the nearby town of Fleetwood, PA for an ALL GERMAN carshow called the Deutsche Classic. If you are interested, PM us with your email and we will keep you updated via email and give you directions, etc. We would like a final count about a week before so we know how much food to get. We plan on having a campfire in our yard, grilling out for dinner (we'll provide doggies, burgers, etc--you guys bring some desserts & sides), BBQ Chicken lunch Saturday is included in $15 admission price of the show (kids under 12 free, but no lunch included). Arrive anytime Friday or meet us Saturday at the show and come up afterwards. Check the website www.deutscheclassic.com for info about the show. Looks like they had about 200 cars last year. I can't imagine we'd be there the entire day, but they do have activites going on during the show. Fleetwood community pool is located a short walk from where the carshow is and swimming is about $5/person a day, so those who want to take a dip can venture over there if it gets too hot to stay at the show. Come on down to PA Dutch country....watch out for those horse and buggies, now once!
Go\'in on a van ride.

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Here is all the details....
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »
PLEASE RSVP TO MISSNKEN!
Fleetwood, PA 19522
610-682-0983 (H) 610-223-5758 or 610-223-5390 (C)

Plan to arrive sometime Friday July 11th. (Thursday after 6pm is ok as well, just let us know!) There are afew really neat casual restaurants within a mile from our house. (Sandwich Shop style) Whoever is here by dinnertime Friday, we can decide to go out, get takeout, or cook here. Campfire in the yard!

Saturday July 12th- Deutshe Classic 8am-4pm Caravan to show after we all get up and get ready (unless you want to compete). Plan on a quick, easy breakfast or grab something at the show. Location is approx. 5 miles from our home at 333 W Main Street, Fleetwood. Event is rain or shine, free parking, admission is $15 General Admission (12 and under Free) and includes BBQ Chicken lunch. There are activities throughout the day at the show. This is a park and there are swings and slides for the kids. Also, if it is a warm day, the Fleetwood Community Pool is a short walk through the park and admission for adults is around $5 with kids being cheaper and todders free.

Other things to do in case you don’t want to stay at the show all day: Renninger’s Antique and Farmers Market, Kutztown PA open early until 6pm; Clover Hill Winery; Manatawny Creek Winery; Echo Hill Country Store (Mennonnite bulk store/health foods); Crystal Cave, Kutztown PA; Cabela’s Hamburg, PA is about 45 min to the north and there is a good U PULL IT junk yard about an hour to the north with Sat & Sun. hours. If you need any other ideas, let us know and we can suggest something!

Saturday night- Dinner- We will plan on making pulled pork sandwiches w/ slaw and having hot doggies. Please provide a suitable entrée, side or dessert to go along with. You will have use of our grill, microwave and stove (oven) if you need it! I’ll have other goodies as well…it’s hard to host a party and not feel like you need to provide for your guests! Campfire in the yard!

Sunday July 13th- Breakfast- I’ll make a French toast casserole and get some OJ and you guys can all come up with a little something and we’ll have a feast! Depart whenever you feel like it!

Beverages: BYOB. We’ll have some things to share and I’ll get juice boxes and some sodas.

If we have room in our fridge/freezer, we will gladly keep food items you brought in there instead of in your cooler on a first come, first fit basis.

For more info on the carshow: Click Here for Link

Comfort: Camping in July usually sucks! We have some outside outlets and you can plug your fan in (bring an extension cord- we have some as well). Also, we are rural and have a well and a sand mound septic system. We do not flush ANYTHING down except toilet paper. We don’t use flushable wipes and do not flush tampons for obvious reasons. If you have a porti-potty, it will save our septic immensely if we get a good turnout. Also, bring your own towels for a shower. We have a slip and slide for the kids- bring suits for them.
Go\'in on a van ride.

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.