For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Transporterfest & Volkswagen Day, Brookline,MA  (Read 3029 times)

Red Baron

Transporterfest & Volkswagen Day, Brookline,MA
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:46:03 AM »
Stan Wohlfarth and his crew did a tremendous job on this event. The fall weather and the setting on the lawn of the Larz Anderson Estate in Brookline was a prefect background for the 129 VWs that attended. The lawn was literally Wall-to-Wall  with Transporters and Volkswagens.

See more pictures in the LiMBO Photo Gallery and 151 more taken by Phil Lawlor of the Connecticut VW Association on the CVA Website.
http://http://www.CtVwA.com

The Transporterfest is only surpassed by the Mother of All Automobile Shows, the great "Mass Pike Wall-to-Wall Auto Show" which takes place on I-90 just east of Worcester on Sunday afternoon. Three solid lanes of popular domestic and import cars along with a few large trucks and a bunch of motorcycles, all crawling along at 5 to 10 mph for several miles.

If you've never been to one of these shows sponsored by the State of Massachuetts Turnpike Authority, you're really missing something. It gives you the feeling that the motoring public really wants to show off their vehicles only on Sunday afternoons. Admission tickets available at any Mass Pike Toll Booth. You'll enjoy seeing all types of vehicles as you'll have plenty of time to look them all over carefully. And if you see that you are running low on fuel while at this show, be sure to stop at the closest rest area. You are sure to see a few more interesting vehicles like 40' RV's jockeying for position at the pumps while you wait in line 10 minutes to get to a pump. If you missed this show, be sure to catch the next one. I'm sure it will be on again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:37:59 PM »
I'm sorry I missed it.  I've been having a tough time of it lately and couldn't make it.  

Nevin, by the way.   Mass is a Commonwealth.  Not a  state.   :)

It because so many people love our little Commonwealth that there is so much traffic. =)

PS:  That second photo down, it looks just like my EV.  It was almost like I was there. =)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

Stanagon

• Global Moderator
  • LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Stanagon »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.