For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: The Classic VW Type 2 Camper Van  (Read 8261 times)

Red Baron

The Classic VW Type 2 Camper Van
« on: September 28, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
The classic VW Type 2, now made in Brazil, can now be bought in the UK. The new water-cooled Type 2 is imported from Brazil by Danbury Motor Caravans of Bristol, England who converts them into camper vans for nostalgic ex-hippies or anyone who likes a vehicle with a bit of character.

Inside, the vans are fitted out by Danbury to usual motorhome specs, which on this Diamond Classic model, means a stove, fridge, fold out double bed, elevating roof and custom fabric. Asking price for this new Danbury is GPB31,354 or USD almost $63,680. There are a wide variety of options, all available at extra cost. The camper, however, is not available here in North America.

The big difference between older Type 2's and the current Brazilian model is that the engine is water-cooled and powered by the Polo 1.4L. The nose of the van has been modified to take a radiator grill. For those bothered by the look of the radiator grill, Danbury will sell you a nose mounted dummy spare wheel cover drilled with dozens of vent holes. The cover appears solid, yet lets enough air thru the radiator to do the job.

Here's a few more interior shots and floor plan

Would you give this vehicle that incomprehensible "VW" gesture by which vee-dub enthusiasts signal their approval?????????
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unitedstaging.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:48:37 PM »
dude i would totally buy that , for 19 grand maybe, the price is way too high , is that american dollar conversion?i have a friend who lives in Brasil and he says theyre everywhere , i dont know if they are new or old, but, id love to get the body from one anyway
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by St.Bus »
78Loaf
aka 78Kombi on FullMoonBusClub.com

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »
The beauty of those Brazilian buses is they are a 'Flex fuel' vehicle.  They're designed to run on either gasoline or Alcohol.  You could distill your own fuel with either corn or sugar cane.  My old grandpappy used to make white lightin' with corn squeezens.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.