For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Rhode Island show this weekend  (Read 2928 times)

MrLiMBO

Rhode Island show this weekend
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »
Is anyone going to the show @ Diamond Hill State Park in Rhode Island this weekend.  Weather promises to be good.  Never been, was thinking of taking April with the family and try just being a spectator at one of these things for a change.  

Usually we go to Old Orchard beach for the weekend, but we're wrapping up a big truck giveaway this weekend @ WUPE FM and I have to work most of the day Saturday.  

I Jim Phillips went there last year.  Anyone have any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

Stanagon

• Global Moderator
  • LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 01:57:32 AM »
Jim said he was planning to go again this year. I doubt I will, busy putting together my motor for the Mango. I went last year in the rain, with little Madelyn. We had fun and they run a good show. Def. lots of water cooled VWs will be there, as well as air-cooled with good weather.

You should go and watch for Jim trying to score a deal on some good parts early.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Stanagon »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 11:48:56 AM »
We ended up at Old Orchard Beach Sunday instead.   Family wanted to go there more than I wanted to go to the show.  I would have liked to just be a spectator for a change.

We took the Eurovan, ran great.  Stayed overnite with my parents at one of their Family Motorcoach rallies.  Reminisent of a VW meet.  Only bigger!!  We were the smallest of them all.  Sneeked between my parent RV and another, couldn't tell we were there.   First time all four of us have slept in the EV in two years...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.