For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: WEST RIVER WESTIES IV  (Read 12225 times)

Stanagon

• Global Moderator
  • LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 11:45:14 PM »
Looks like I am in! The '81 Westy ran better than it has in 5 years on a Cape trip this weekend. Got another one next weekend to the Cape and will just keep it packed for West River the following weekend.

Seems like the new Wal-Mart battery I put in at RBiSnow solved the high speed sporadic miss and high rev missing I've been plagued with for quite some time.

Unfortunately the body is in need of another resto...

I'm still waiting for a rear bumper endcap and also need a right side mirror (2 bolt early style).

-Stan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Stanagon »

Red Baron

West River Westies Award Medals
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »
These are the Award Medals to be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place finishers in the LiMBO Regatta.

There are similiar Medals for the Best Regatta Captain's Costume, Best in Model Show Contest, Oldest Bus, Longest Distance Travelled to WRW and Best Camp Set-up.

So, Gentleman & Ladies, start your bus engines, blow up your tubes and get your Captain's costume ready. We're only a week away!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »
Very nice.  I'm out of the running for oldest bus. The 67 'Tube bus' will be there, but I don't drive it to the event, so I consider myself disqualified.   I will sleep in it and use it to transport tubers to the top of the river.  See you next week!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

Red Baron

Tube "Bus"
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 02:04:04 PM »
Doesn't matter whether you push, pull or tow the oldest bus, just so it's at Bald Mountain Campground.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

Red Baron

West River Westy Wipeout Whopper
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 12:28:52 PM »
Everyone who stayed around Sunday afternoon were treated to some real live entertainment by Momma Nature.

Come next year to WRW V, stay an extra day for more "X-treme Entertainment".
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 04:33:35 PM by Red Baron »

Stanagon

• Global Moderator
  • LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 12:45:12 PM »
Was that a small Tornado or just a microburst storm?

Man, I was warned and had just gotten everything packed up in the '81 when the skies opened up. Megan (9 year old daughter) and I rode out the storm in the pavillion, which lost power at some point. Sorry to see it reaked so much havoc on everyone's camping gear.

Phil certainly had the right idea to pull cover off his EZ-up, which most likely saved it.

The tubing was really fun and it's a great event! I'm already looking forward to next year.

The '81 ran great all the way home, thanks to the spare ignition series resistor that John Kleckner and Mike (with "Moldy Twinky" storage box) came up with for me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Stanagon »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 10:20:39 AM »
Is West River Westies going to be held in 2008?  If so, anyone know the dates yet?

Ironically, I stumbled upon this area with my 81 Westy Vermont trip long before any West River Westies event.  It's a great area and I'd love to go there again.

I do  really hope to make an event in 08 and I'm hoping this doesn't conflict with other things already scheduled in my life and trying to plan ahead, which is against my style, but I'm finding it necessary to get a few big pieces in place before the smaller ones take over!

Johnny Reynolds
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
west river westys
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »
Yes Nevin has booked the camp ground allready I,ll let him post the dates. He just had surgery on his hand and can,t type yet! You know those Gnomes, one finger typing later the Con Kid
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 07:01:14 PM »
You think his insurance would pay for a voice recognition to type program!  I mean, how is he going to get better if he can't post to this site?

Speedy recovery Nevin.

John R
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.