For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: New member of the Chuck Taylor club  (Read 7227 times)

MrLiMBO

New member of the Chuck Taylor club
« on: April 10, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
I just wanted to tell you guys, we have a new member of the Chuck Taylor club.  Angela!  She wanted a set of chucks for a while and we picked her up a pair for her birthday.  They have a skull on them, she loves them.  I'll send a photo when I get a minute.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
Chuck Talors
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:49:16 PM »
Let the revival begin, we could start a whole new fashion statement. The Lord of Cons
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
I can't get over how much chucks cost these days.  At the mall they are 40 bucks.  They were on sale, two pair for 60.  I remember them being cheap.  That's why my mom always got them for me as a kid.  I think we could get them for like 10 bucks.  I used to wear a pair out in a summer.   I know in relation to Nike or Adidas they're still cheap, but at Wally world, I can get some cheap chinese sneaks for 15-20 bucks.  I buy those so I can save my chucks.  I wear sneaker out pretty fast. Mostly because I have wide feet and I'm on them all day.

There was a point about 25 years ago, where (at least around here) they were out of fashion.  Now because some pop band started wearing them again, they are the in thing with kids.

I remember hearing about two or three years ago that Nike bought our Converse for like 3 million bucks.  Dirt cheap.  They said at the time that Nike makes 3 million in like a week.

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
Chuckies
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 07:22:57 PM »
I to have a new pair and they are Nevin made( go to Easter 07 for photos) I allso received from Brad and Andrea a pair with flames on them (way cool) thanks Island folks. later Rich

MrLiMBO

Re: Chuckies
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 07:29:18 PM »
Quote from: "rmace"
I to have a new pair and they are Nevin made( go to Easter 07 for photos) I also received from Brad and Andrea a pair with flames on them (way cool) thanks Island folks. later Rich

I saw the flamed chucks. Sweet!  I want 'em!!

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 04:57:14 AM »
When I was a kid I used to get them every summer. I'd wear them ALL summer long. By the end of the summer they were torn, dirty and stinky. Hell, the smell of those things could kill a rat at 20 paces.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »
Quote from: "phil"
When I was a kid I used to get them every summer. I'd wear them ALL summer long. By the end of the summer they were torn, dirty and stinky. Hell, the smell of those things could kill a rat at 20 paces.

Same here.  I used to wear them in the lake, fishing in the river, the swamp- Everywhere!  Sometimes, I'd have to leave them outside on the stoop.  When they got that bad, mom would try to wash them.  Mostly, I'd just rinse them off at the garden hose.

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
Chuck Talors
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »
Quote from: "MrLiMBO"

Same here.  I used to wear them in the lake, fishing in the river, the swamp- Everywhere!  Sometimes, I'd have to leave them outside on the stoop.  When they got that bad, mom would try to wash them.  Mostly, I'd just rinse them off at the garden hose.
My mom made them stay on the back steps, they where not allowed in the house in August. I don,t know why?????????

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 01:07:43 AM »
I remember once, for some reason or other,  I tossed my old sneakers into one of those half moon shaped gym bags at the end of summer. Man, when I opened that gym bag, my eyes watered and I think I lost my sense of smell for a week.  A maggot would have puked sniffing that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »
I remember once, for some reason or other,  I tossed my old sneakers into one of those half moon shaped gym bags at the end of summer. Man, when I opened that gym bag, my eyes watered and I think I lost my sense of smell for a week.  A maggot would have puked sniffing that.
And the dog woulded even roll on them, now thats bad

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
Yet another member of the chuck taylor club. Dylan the Villain.

Barb bought him a pair of bright red chucks last weekend while we were away camping in Long Island.  Once I get Barb a pair, we'll be a Chuck Taylor family!

Red Baron

Crocs or Cons?
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 07:59:57 AM »
What do you think? Will Crocs replace Cons? If George W can wear them so can we!!!!!!!!

http://http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/21/AR2007062102403.html?hpid=topnews[/img]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »
Well, that seals it, Barbra and I will NEVER own a pair of Crocs.  

If the need for sandal arises, a nice pair a Tevas or Birkenstocks do the trick.  

Cons FOREVER!!    Viva La Cons

Stanagon

• Global Moderator
  • LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 12:57:26 PM »
I wore lowtop converse, in dark blue, back in the day. I switched to K-swiss in the 80's and haven't had a set of Cons since.

My current favorites are my hairy green simple shoes. Still holding up after years of cutting grass (hardly shows) and working on buses with them. Unfortunately they are so unsupportive that my heals usually hurt the next day if I wear them too long.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Stanagon »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.