For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: my protest  (Read 2658 times)

vanagonjohn

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
my protest
« on: March 20, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »
I just thought that I would let you all know about my little protest going on in my neighborhood.  Just outside of cincinnati my little town has made a law that now states that you can no longer park campers in your driveway.  Most people could care less what's parked in your driveway.  I say most people but one person does care.

The guy that lives next to me has for years parked a nice old school Scotty trailer in his drive.  The other week the police showed up and told him that he has to move it. They told him that one of the neighbors down the street called in about it.   He is now parking it at his mothers.  He only has three days at a time that he is allowed to keep it in the drive before and after using it.

It may seem silly but I think that this is pointless.  The man lives next to me and I don't care.  Well I have stoped using my van as a everyday car and keep it parked in my driveway.  I call this my protest because I'm keeping my pop top up.  My van is now a camper.  I made a little awning for the side and sit outside when the weather allows.  My neighbor loves this.  People don't know what to make of this.  

Just thought I would vent

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vanagonjohn »
1985 westy weekender
1991 Jetta GLI 16v

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:31:59 PM »
Stick it to the man!!   Just another one of our civil liberties being trampled on.  I'd do more than protest. I start a petition or law suit saying its unjust and against the principles of the consitution. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness!!

Really!  This bugs me more that you know.   Last time I check this is the United States of America and if I want to park my camper in my driveway or yard, then I'm gonna God damn well park my camper in my yard.  

I did check with my neighbor when I parked my motorhome in my yard.  He was cool with it.  I have a 6 foot stockade fence around the backyard, so you can only see the top of it but still you can see it.  I keep my yard clean and astically pleasing for me and my neighbors.   But I'll be damned if someone gonna tell me what I can and cannot park in my yard.

Your not living in a "planned" commiunity, so they really have no right to tell you what to do.    I wouldn't live in one of those 'planned' communities anyway.  

Stick it to them!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.