For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Eurovan intermittenly has no power  (Read 4567 times)

MrLiMBO

Eurovan intermittenly has no power
« on: March 14, 2007, 02:14:44 PM »
Hi gang,

The old Euroturtle is giving me some trouble.  Every once in a while I take off from a light or even just driving down the road, the van is guttless.  No power.  It only happens once in a while, usually only lasts a few seconds to a minute or two.  It acts like its starving for fuel or air.

What I've done so far:  New plugs, cap and rotor (they were due). The air filter is good.  I haven't replaced the fuel filter. But I did it about 18 months ago.  Its intermitten so I think that can be ruled out.   The spark plug wires look OK, I didn't see any arcing or frayed wires.

I did hook up the van to the 5051 scan tool here at the shop and I came up with a bad O2 sensor.  Its unplugged right now.  

I also replaced the Cat last year and it does not rattle.   Any ideas?  Lets here it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 07:49:36 AM »
Update:  I sold the van back in May of 08.  The new owner said he had the problem fixed.  It was an oxygen sensor.  Weird.  I unplugged the O2 sensor and the problem remained, that why I dismissed it.   The new guy is happy as a clam with the van.  I kinda miss it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

Bradleyvw

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »
I don't suppose Eurovans get Vanagon syndrome?
 There were 2 years between posts, I suppose a lot happened between them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Bradleyvw »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.