For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Rites of Spring: A quick review  (Read 2348 times)

MrLiMBO

Rites of Spring: A quick review
« on: April 23, 2007, 12:32:03 PM »
The bad weather finally broke and the first real days of spring arrived here in New England.  A good time was had by all at Transporter Rites of Spring on Sunday 4/22 in Westerly, RI.   The sun was out, the temps were warm and we had nearly 20 buses come out and hang at the beach.  

Dylan and I was had a good time.  The best part for me was I was able to get April out of hibernation just in time for a nice drive to the beach.

(photo credit: Nevin Lescher)

I met Nevin and Sue at the park and ride on I-91 near the Dexter Coffin bridge and we traveled together to Westerly.  We arrived to find about 10 buses had already made it.  Including out hosts Tom Power and Linda Manion.  Thanks goes out to those two for setting up our little outing.  

If you didn't make it, you missed a good time and the weather couldn't have been any better.  Though the water was cold, there were a lot of people sunning themselves on the beach and a few intrepid surfers trying the waves.  The water was a cool teal color too.  Almost Carribean in color.  Very nice.  

Lets hope our next event has as good of weather and you'll be able to make it out.  See you then.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.