For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Adirondack Faves?  (Read 4339 times)

MrLiMBO

Adirondack Faves?
« on: July 18, 2006, 03:44:30 PM »
We are heading to the 'dacks for 2 weeks in August and I'm looking for 'hidden' spots for camping.  Anyone have a favorite they are willing to share?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
Jim did you get there in August?  

My friend and his 2 kids and our family are planning on taking his 74 Ford Econoline and my 86 Wolfy Westy Weekender to New York for Vacation in late August.  Any suggestions welcome.  The Daks, or?  We have been to Cooperstown and Howes Caverns, so we may (or may not) skip that this time.

Blue Mountain Lake, if I got the name right and the museum there is one I'm leaning too. We like to bike, hike and paddle.

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:24:13 PM »
Jim, here is something to note. On August 12 there is the Syracuse VW show combined with a campout at Oneida Shores Park. It is not far from the Adirondacks at all.

Adirondacks camping: A favorite of mine is Golden Beach State Park on Racquette Lake. Big woody sites. It is always nice and cool there. No hook-ups though. It is close to Blue Mountain Lake that John mentioned where the Adirondack museum is located.

IF you like water parks there is a big one in Old Forge with lots of camping nearby.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 08:03:11 PM »
I never made that post.  

I noticed that quiet a few posts from the old system some how got messed up. Posts that were made by me ARE NOT credited to me, and post I didn't make ARE noted as being made by me.  I don't know who made that post but it wasn't me.  

I also noticed that posts that I know were made by members (current or otherwise) are now credited to 'Guest'.   Serveral of Nevin's post are that way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.