For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: How Cold is it Where You Are?  (Read 4649 times)

Red Baron

How Cold is it Where You Are?
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »
At 60, Californians put on sweaters (if they can find one in their wardrobe).

At 50, Miami residents turn on the heat.

At 40, You can see your breath, Californians shiver uncontrolably and Minnesotans go swimming.

At 35, Italian and French cars don't start.

At 32, water freezes.

At 30, You plan your vacation in Australia, Minnesotans put on their T-shirts, Politicians begin to worry about the homeless and the Canadians go swimming.

At 25, Water freezes in Boston and Minnesotans eat ice cream.

At 20, You can hear your breath, Politicians begin to talk about the homeless, Water freezes in New York and Miami residents go further south for vacations.

At 15, British cars won't start, you plan your vacation in Mexico and the cat starts sleeping in bed with you.

At 10, too cold to ski and you need jumper cables to start your car.

At 5, you plan your vacation in Houston and American cars don't start.

At 0, Alaskans, put on T-shirts. It's too cold to skate.

At -10, German cars won't start and your eyes freeze shut when you blink.

At -15, You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo. Arkansans stick their tongues on metal objects and Miami residents cease to exist.

At -20, the cat insists on sleeping in your pajamas with you. Politicians actually do something about the homeless and Minnesotans shovel snow off their roofs.

At -25, Too cold to think and you need jumper cables to get the driver started.

At -30, you change your vacation plans to spend two weeks in a hot tub and the Monongahela River is frozen solid. Swedish cars refuse to start.

At -40, Californians are extinct, Minnesotans button up their top button and Canadians put on sweaters.

At -50, Hot air in Washington freezes and Alaskans close their bathroom window.

At -80, Hell freezes over and I see Polar Bears in my back yard migrating south.

At -90, Oh, this is just too cold, my lawyer just put his hands in his own pockets!!!!!

Come on, don't get cold feet and try this new Forum. It's really a smoothy to work with. Try it, you'll like it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:20:07 PM by Red Baron »

cc6344454

• Administrator
  • BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:47:49 PM »
In Yorkville, NY this guy snow-blowed 3 driveways today. Mine, my neighbor, and my ex-wife's. I did it for fun and exercise. I like it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cc6344454 »

Red Baron

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 05:33:10 PM »
Where's the picture of the guy doing it? And did  have your Speedo on to ward of those lake effect winds? Did you get anything or just a little bit for you efforts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

cc6344454

• Administrator
  • BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 09:37:18 AM »
All I got was a hearty "Thanks"  Being this time of year I did it in my Valentine boxer shorts.  I had a hearts on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cc6344454 »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »
Quote from: "cc6344454"
In Yorkville, NY this guy snow-blowed 3 driveways today. Mine, my neighbor, and my ex-wife's. I did it for fun and exercise. I like it.

I'm the same way, I ran my snow blower up and down the street and cleared all the walks, and took care of elderly neighbors.  

I'm probably one of the idiots that love it when we get a lot of snow.  I'll spend hours running the snow blower.  Its pretty much my only outdoor activity during the winter.  

I'll send you a photo of my machine. Its got to be as old as I am. Its a Yard King Sno- Bird.  Its about 5-6Hp with this funky rotating shute.  I got it for free, all it needed was a carb rebuild.  I was told that it belonged to a little old lady who hardly used it.  My friend gave it to me because it got a nice new machine.  

At Flynn we have a newer Troy Built 11 HP 27 inch blower.  All the bells and whistles, turning levers, 6 speed forward and 2 reverse and I think mine works just as good.   Mine is smaller so it takes a little longer, but its easier to handle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

BeetleWarrior

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
    • http://texasaircoolers.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »
You guys can keep all the snow you want. I liked it when I was a kid. Now... I'm just older and don't.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by BeetleWarrior »
Terry

\'73 Std Bug • Hotrod Project
\'73 Bay Camper • Project # 2
\'91 T4R • Support Vehicle (AKA Daily Driver)

TexasAirCoolers.Com • Texas Coalition of Buses

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 12:26:48 AM »
The only bad thing about the snow is that it can be relentless at times.  Otherwise, I am along with Jim. I enjoy it too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.