For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: VT, ME Campsites  (Read 8905 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
VT, ME Campsites
« on: April 06, 2006, 11:15:03 PM »
We mainly go to two campsites during the spring/summer that I highly recommend:<br><br>Gifford Woods, Killington VT: Great, clean campsite, no camp store, but plenty of stores in the surrounding area. Next to Killington Ski Resort, but is open to mountain biking down the mountain, lots of fun. Also a lake is nearby for kayaking.<br><br>Hermit Island, Bath ME: For the past three years we've managed to snag dune campsites right on the beach. Very quiet, with a stocked camp store that has lobster and other seafoods. Great hiking with great views all around, you can rent sea kayaks to the islands in the bay. Reserve the sites early, or do like what we do and go early to snag dune camping at first come first serve in september.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: VT, ME Campsites
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 09:24:09 PM »
We've also stayed at Gifford woods and enjoyed.  Bascially, I've enjoyed any of the state parks in Vermont!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

aviles

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »
Sebago Lake, Casco Maine - Point Sebago is great, plenty of stuff to do for kids -dances, playgrounds, arts & crafts game room no adults allowed w/ ps3, Wii & xbox and they have a full bar/ w/ comedy nites..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by aviles »

CBussin86

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Hermit Island
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »
I love it there.Sites are secluded..mostly and the beach sites would be great for kids. Has been very busy there lately. Also the views from some of the water sites are fantastic.

Has trails and beaches some are secluded . Great trails for biking.

Been going there for 10 years or so and love it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by CBussin86 »
84 Westy (the Happy Bus)
86 Syncro
86 Westy (currently under construction)
85 Wolfsburg Westy Weekender (Muffin)
85 Westy (we call him "parts")

nancy143

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:37:33 AM »
Hi
this is nancy i am here to tell you some information regarding comping.So many of people are deiced to camping but they don't know which play they have to choose are where they are to fix and they can't guess how much happened for that places for this type of peoples here is an excellent opportunity.
---------------------
nancy143
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by nancy143 »

nancy143

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:38:09 AM »
This is a camping site that I have been on for several years and is more directed toward pop up and hybrid campers but tons of great people and family oriented.You just log on to the below link you may know a lot of information here.

nancy143

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:38:24 AM »
This is a camping site that I have been on for several years and is more directed toward pop up and hybrid campers but tons of great people and family oriented.You just log on to the below link you may know a lot of information here.

nancy143

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 05:40:04 AM »
Hi
this is nancy i am here to tell you some information regarding comping.So many of people are deiced to camping but they don't know which play they have to choose are where they are to fix and they can't guess how much happened for that places for this type of peoples here is an excellent opportunity.This is a camping site that I have been on for several years and is more directed toward pop up and hybrid campers but tons of great people and family oriented.
You just log on to the below link you may know a lot of information here.
---------------------
nancy143

Camping

Tikibus

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
Hi All,
   Having grown up in VT, there are many great spots.  Check out:

http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/map.cfm

My personal favorites are up on the Grand Isle region.  Water to paddle in a very decent camping spots.  That is the top end of Lake Champlain.  The farther south you go on the lake you've got Mt. Philo ( 10 sites only!) and the DAR very near Crown Point.  
But VT can be fun just exploring "un-mapped" camp sites.  Wink!

Happy Trails,
Mark
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Tikibus »

Mark
Founding Member of the Empire State VW Camping Club.

84 Westy- Tiki

Up the Hill, \'round the bend, where to next?

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 09:01:31 PM »
I've been to Mt Philo!   (we cal it Fillo Dough), but we stayed at Button Bay, not far away.  Button Bay has no shade which can be a bit much in the summer, or a pleasure on a cooler day.  

However, you are on the water so one can escape for a paddle while others are in camp  with kids, etc.  

What I remember of Mt Philo was tent platforms sticking out of the mt-side with a fence around them.  OK, not all were that, but some might not be too level for van camping.  Have to check out again.

The cool thing about Fillo Dough is that after they close the day use of the park, so can hike or drive to the near summit and enjoy the view pretty much alone.

JR
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.