For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Camber / caster on rear wheels on 97 EUROVAN  (Read 5124 times)

Gary Wright

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Camber / caster on rear wheels on 97 EUROVAN
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:31:04 AM »
Went to have wheels aligned. Told rear right wheel was2.2o out of rec. caster with no apparent adjustment .Should I be concerned? Both tires on the rear are badly worn on the inside,mostly from incorrect tow-in which apparently has an adjustment. Mechanic doing alignment is unfamiliar with the Eurovan He also said his program lists several models and he wasn't sure what group # mine was. Although differences in specs were minor . Looked for plate on drivers side near hood release only found piece of paper from factory which we could not decipher.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Gary Wright »

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:34:03 AM »
The Eurovan camper was basically an extended wheelbase Eurovan imported specifically for Winnebago.  While common in Europe, these vans didn't get imported here.  

Tell your alignment guy  to try the specs for a MV model.  A VW or Winnebago dealer that sold the Eurovan camper, there were only a select few, should have the specs and equipment for a proper alignment.

There should be some adjustment possible with the rear wheels.  A couple of degrees caster and camber only.  If it cannot be brought into spec, then you have something bent.  You basically loosen the control arm bolts and there should be some adjustment.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

d3goldbuy

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 03:49:44 AM »
Eurovan He also said his program lists several models and he wasn't sure what group # mine was. Although differences in specs were minor
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by d3goldbuy »
diablo3 gold

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.