For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: seeking ideas  (Read 3559 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
seeking ideas
« on: September 29, 2006, 10:51:43 AM »
Hi all!  Please help...... I have recently had a 1975 bus join my family, but as i live in B.C. Canada I am looking for ideas for heating her. I work  mostly night shift and am always cold. Any ideas you may have would be very welcome. Thanx, Inga Klaus
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: seeking ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »
See the following  http://www.type2.com/library/heat/<br><br>Gas powered heaters were used in some of these vans, they mount under the van, but they are hard to find with all the necessary aprts and are expensive.<br><br>Insulating the duct work to the front of the van is the first step - that is aftert making sure the flapper valves off the ehat exchangers are working. <br>John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Red Baron

Re: seeking ideas
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:18:13 PM »
What I have done in the past, is use a propane heater from an RV.  I found a really cool older suburban propane heater that fit under the rear facing seat in my 70 camper.  I won't tell you that I put a small propane tank under the rear seat, because, at the time, I couldn't find a tank, from a Westfalia, to mount under the van.  I'm sure you could find a tank to mount under the van. Suburban makes them that will fit.  The one problem I had, was that the windows would fog up soon after firing up the heater.  However,  I also installed a booster fan under the floor near the front of the van and it would bring up what little heat the bus would make and quickly defog the windshield so I could drive.  <br><br>If you camp, the propane furnace would  be good to have to extend your camping season well into the fall.  It was controlled just like your home heating system with a thermostat and you could even set it to maintain the heat in the van during the really cold snaps. <br><br>The only drawback is you would have to cut the side of the van for the exhaust/vent hole for the heater.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.