Technical forums > Technical Concerns

Fridges

(1/3) > >>

Anonymous:
I have a 1990 Vanagon with a Dometic RM182B fridge that is somewhat ornamental in the propane mode. That is to say that it looks nice and fits well, (as it should!), but I can't get it to fire up on propane. Any helpful hints or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks from a northern neighbour (note the spelling!).

Anonymous:
go to vanagon.com . they have good info for the fridge  :)

cc6344454:
It is always an effort to get my propane fridge to work.  Pumping, clicking, pumping again, clicking again, with a towel over my head lying flat on my belly to see if the little blue flame is there. <br>It eventually works, but not exactly a deep freeze. I love it, at some campout somewhere there was actually a contest on whose propane fired fridge can cool a beer to the lowest temperature. Don't remember the results though.<br> 8)

Red Baron:
(Shamless promotion)  LiMBO has a book,we call the fridge book.  Its about 13 bucks including shipping and has all the info on starting, running, maintaining and repairing the Westy fridge.  Check out the LiMBO-Mart for details.  -Jim

Anonymous:
i had the same problem. i took the fridg out and replaced the gas jet. end of problem.   don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version