For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Fan belt and oil light ?'s  (Read 3511 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Fan belt and oil light ?'s
« on: July 01, 2006, 08:00:43 PM »
Greetings,<br>I have a '90 Westy and I recently had some work done to it.  Namely, I had the fan belt replaced.  I picked it up from the mechanic tonight and it seems to be a bit sluggish.  Question, does the fan belt take  a few miles to be broken in?  Is the sluggishness a completely different issue?  Also, since returning from the mechanic my van's oil light on the instrument panel is on and it is buzzing.  What does/could this mean?  <br>Any and all help is appreciated.  <br>thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: Fan belt and oil light ?'s
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 09:32:17 PM »
The fan belt tightness would not affect acceleration.  <br>John<br>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Red Baron

Re: Fan belt and oil light ?'s
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 05:28:03 PM »
The fan belt should not affect the acceleration of the van.   <br><br>As far as the oil light buzzing.  I have a theory.  There is an oil pressure switch mounted right near the rear engine pully.  Perhaps by accident, the mechanic knocked off the wire that goes to it or perhaps the wire has gotten corroded, cut or somehow damaged.  If you look strait down from the top of the engine just to the left and below the main engine pully, you should see a pressure switch.  check the wire to make sure its attached.  The switch could be bad too.  Its just a coincidence that it failed at the same time your mechanic replaced the belt.   Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.