For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: '90 Westy Heat Blast  (Read 3081 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
'90 Westy Heat Blast
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:46:43 AM »
<br>Hello,<br>I have a '90 Westy and there is heat coming through the under-dash vents when I drive.  The fan is not on and I think that it might be heat from the engine being pushed up front.  I've moved the sliders on the controls on the dash but nothing seems to make this heat stop.  <br>Once the van is at a stand-still, the heat stops.<br>Help me please.<br>Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Red Baron

Re: '90 Westy Heat Blast
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 03:06:26 PM »
The heat is coming out of the floor vents or just through the dash?   Can you redirect the heat to the defrosters?  If so, chances are the cable that controls the heater valve  mounted behind the raditor is bent and not shutting off the water to the heater core.  You'll need a new cable and possibly a heater valve.  <br><br>One of the nice features of a vanagon, is that when you start moving, air is forced throught the front vent.  So you can get fresh air while your driving.  So you are probably getting air from there which is being warmed by the heater core because the valve isn't fully closed.  A bonus with that is in the winter, if your blower is bad, you'll still have heat.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.