For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: idle cutoff switch for '84 Vanagon  (Read 4705 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
idle cutoff switch for '84 Vanagon
« on: January 21, 2006, 06:14:43 PM »
I'm looking for the idle switch (reports to the Fuel Control Computer in a water cooled fuel injected 1.9L '84 Vanagon)<br>I haven't had any luck at import auto shops or through my usual part sources on the internet. Does anybody know a shop or internet store that might have this? The Manufacturer's P/N is : 003 927 211. Thanks. Shannon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
Re: idle cutoff switch for '84 Vanagon
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 09:45:22 AM »
If you haven't tried this yet,  the left hand column of the LiMBO links page has a lot of Westy vendors. Also, there is Johns Car Corner, he's got a pretty good junk yard. His address and email is on this old limbo link.<br>http://http://www.limbobus.org/westies.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

LarryC

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Throttle Switch
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »
The throttle switches I'm familiar with are a pair mounted on the throttle body, one that makes up at idle and the other that makes up at full throttle. The engine needs extra fuel at both these positions, at either position the same signal is given to the computer (the wires from both switches are joined). I have seen similiar ones on VW's and Audi's at the wrecking yard. They need only need to make or break, but must have slotted mounting screwholes and similiar pattern to the orignial ones.

The switches can be checked with a Volt Ohm meter, set it on Ohms. With the engine and key off; remove the wires from only the idle switch, check the idle switch. It should read "0" resistance, if not barely loosen the mounting screws and try barely moving the switch to get the "0" reading, if reads "0" tigthen the screws, it is adjusted replace the wires. The full throttle switch and setting is checked the same way, but you will need someone to put the gas pedal to the floor.

If you cannot get a "0" reading remove the switch and test outside the car, these are normal open switches and only make up when the lever is moved toward the switch, you should hear or feel the click of it making up.

Best of luck.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by LarryC »
Larry C

84 Westy

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »
That part number superseeds to a 411-927-211.  Its obsolete from VW.  You may have to buy a good used throttlebody to get the switch. I may even have a used one at home.  -Jim
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.