For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Conn. /Western Mass. /central-eastern NY  (Read 4443 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Conn. /Western Mass. /central-eastern NY
« on: March 10, 2005, 09:02:32 PM »
Where are some FREE or CHEAP escape spots in this area?  I live in NW CT and have both a 71 and an 87 westy that need to get out in the woods!<br><br>Thanks all-<br><br>Ken in connecticut
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Red Baron

Re: Conn. /Western Mass. /central-eastern NY
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 12:28:06 PM »
Most of Mass's state parks are fairly cheap.  The campground on Mt Greylock was 6 dollars a night.  However, they are fairly rustic.  Most campgrounds only have a communal water spike every few sites.  Mass also uses those composting toliets.  Out on the Cape and salisbury, you can get water, electric and hot showers.  <br><br>Also check out Windsor Jambs State park in Savoy,  <br>Mohawk Trail State Park in Charlemont, <br>Clarksburg State park in Clarksburg, but that may be shut down due to poluted water from the Canadian Geese.  <br><br> For more Western Mass state parks go to:<http://www.mass.gov/dcr/western.htm>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 06:15:57 PM »
Mr.LiMBO-<br><br>I have been up to Mt. Greylock just for a day in the 71.  The road up was really bumpy...  My buddies didn't appreciate the ol' bus shocks that day  ;D<br><br>I've checked that site before, i guess this post was really more to see who has had sucess in finding cheap, quiet, and bus friendly camping spots.<br><br>I will look into the places you mentioned.<br><br>Thanks!<br>-ken

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:01:15 PM »
you can buy a book from camper world that has every free to cheap campgrounds   :)

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.