For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Vanagon Power Steering Tube  (Read 2694 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Vanagon Power Steering Tube
« on: May 07, 2005, 10:05:32 PM »
I have to replace both power steering tubes going from the pump to the front of my 89 GL (old ones rusted out). I don't know where to start looking. I tried Bus Depot and Vanagain and they don't carry that tube. Can someone tell me where I can find tube for my van. I am willing to use braided hose if needed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: Vanagon Power Steering Tube
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 05:07:00 AM »
i would go with the steel braided hoses . find a local hydraulic shop . and get all new hoses made , by doing it this way u can route the hoses anyway u like . here is a little hint : where ever the hose meets the body / rails insulate them with a rubber grommet / hose . that will make them last alot longer . mine are over 6 yrs old with no problem. :)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:58:06 PM »
;D I was able to find a supplier on the web. The shop's site is:<br><br> http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/hose.htm

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 08:13:47 PM »
 I saw franks idea a bus fusion last year. didn't need it then. just replaced mine for $140.0 both lines.any hydrolic supplier should be able to make the lines for you and they are easy to install. just remember to save about 5-6" of the return line at the fron to attach the new 1/2 " I.D return line. Or you could get them to put the proper end on like i did. Pressure line I got was 12' and the return line i got was 15'. just trim the end of the return line to the proper length. I also replaced the rubber anti-vibration mounts while i was at it. most fastener suppliers can get the for you.get a few extra , they are the same ones that hold up your fuel pump :)http://www.spaenaur.ca/view_pdf.asp?Page=J5

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.