For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Tri-State Buses - April 26-28, 2013 - Montague, NJ 07827  (Read 10229 times)

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses - April 26-28, 2013 - Montague, NJ 07827
« on: April 02, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »
Start off the camping season with your fellow bus owners in beautiful upstate New Jersey!

The campground is located in Montague, NJ just 10 minutes away from both New York and Pennsylvania States.

$30 a night per bus. We have a Rally field with 32 hookups with water, electric, and cable for each bus. Electric hookup uses the older large RV style 115 volt plug. The campground does not provide the adapter. They are available at Walmart and other places. Please bring one for yourself!

Reservations can be made directly through campground. Tell them your with the VW group in the Rally Field.

Check in on Friday is 3:00 pm, checkout on Sunday is 12:00 pm. Earlier check in is possible. Please let me know so I can inform them as there may not be someone there. All guests must register in the office for their safety as well as others. Guests will receive a car pass which must be displayed on their vehicle at all times.

Bathroom facilities with FREE hot showers next to office near main entrance.

A change from last year, instead of having a potluck breakfast we will be having a Potluck International Dinner. Everyone participating in the potluck should make a dish from their ethinic or cultural background. Being polish I may provide Kielbasi and Sauerkraut (to be determined) for example. We'll start a list of who's bringing what closer to the campout.

Pets are allowed. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times and under control. No barking or annoying other campers. Do not leave pets outside your unit when away from the site. Clean up after your pet and dispose of their waste properly.

Rockview Valley Campground offers:

4 four miles away from access to the Delaware River. Close access for Kayaker's. Kayakers must wear emergency vests and Rangers are serious about it. From the campground to where the Mongaup River enters into the Delaware River is only 15 minutes away.

10 minutes away from both New York and Pennsylvania States.

Private Hiking Trail with a "Rockview" - Trilobite Ridge - Must see!

There is a recreation/game room, with video games, a pool table, a ping-pong table, a poker table, cable TV, juke-box, toys for the young ones, and tables to play board games (available for sign out in office). Next to the office on the way in.

A wide variety of activities in the surrounding area minutes away! see http:// www.rockviewvalley.com/ areaattractions.htm for places to visit!

We will again have crafts for the kids, Door Prizes, and much more!!

Rules:

Quiet time is from 11:00pm until 8:00am.

All guests must register in the office for their safety as well as others. Guests will receive a car pass which must be displayed on their vehicle at all times.

All pets must be kept on a leash at all times and under control. No barking or annoying other campers. Do not leave pets outside your unit when away from the site. Clean up after your pet and dispose of their waste properly.

Speed limit is 5MPH or less - (Licensed Drivers Only). All humans, especially our children have the right of way. Speed limit will be enforced for everyone's safety. Anyone not abiding will be asked to leave their vehicle in the parking lot by the office and walk to their site.

Rockview Valley Campground
59 River Road
Montague, NJ 07827
(973) 293-3383
http:// www.rockviewvalley.com/
Email: info@rockviewvalley.com

If you call or email them PLEASE make sure to tell them your with the VW group in the Rally Field and that I have an agreed price with John.

I'm going to try (again) to have my new bus there to camp in!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Dave
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:25:51 PM by Routan Dave »
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses - April 26-28, 2013 - Dogs
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »
At last year's Tri-State Bus campout there were several dogs present. One dog owner did not clean up after their dog. I know because I found the present. I have owned dogs and I can tell you that the dog that left the present was not a small dog. I of course cannot accuse anyone in particular as I was not about to have a DNA test performed to determine the breed.

Although the campground allows pets, it is unfair that the campers who do not bring dogs should have to watch where they step, especially when there is a pooper scooper law in New Jersey. In addition, I would rather spend the weekend tending to the happiness of my campers rather than watching dogs all weekend to see if and when they poop and who cleans it up.

Although the campground allows pets, I may have to ban dogs if the situation doesn't improve. It isn't fair to the responsible dog owners to complicate their lives by having to find a kennel or sitter for the dog because one lazy individual can't carry some plastic bags and watch their own dog.

Please clean up after your dog and all will be well.

Thank you.

Dave
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Routan Dave »
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - T-Shirts !!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:53:21 PM »
T-Shirts!!

Deadline for pre-orders is April 12th
Color: Royal
Sizes S-XL $18, 2X and above $20

I can offer kids shirts! $14 each. Royal color. Size chart below.

Size...Chest....Length....Sleeve Length....Youth Size
XS.......31......20 1/2........13 1/2..............2 - 4
S.........34......22..............14 1/2.............6 - 8
M........36......23 1/2........15 1/2.............10 - 12
L.........38......25..............16 1/2.............14 - 16
XL.......40......26 1/2........17 1/2.............18 - 20

There will be a very limited supply at the Campout, same prices as above, I can't guarantee I'll have your size. Pre-ordering the T-Shirts is the safe way to go to ensure that you have a T-Shirt.

The Paypal email address is tristatebuses@gmail.com me and I will reply with a mailing address. If you want to wait until the campout to see what I have left, I will take cash, check, or money order ONLY. I will NOT extend credit anymore. Two people from last year's campout have not paid for their T-Shirts. I wish I could, but I can't, I'm sure you all understand.

Tri-State Buses campout
April 26 - 28, 2013

David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - Electrical and water hookups
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:31:48 PM »
As a reminder to the initial post of this thread, "Electric hookup uses the older large RV style 115 volt plug. The campground does not provide the adapter. They are available at Walmart and other places. Please bring one for yourself!"

If you intend on using the electrical utility at your site you will need an adapter.

I had one but picked up a couple of extras at Walmart using the online ordering and site to store delivery so I wouldn't run around hunting for them.

The part information is:

Model #09522-33-88 - Coleman Cable #9522-33-88
Walmart #001067403
Road Power 15/30-Amp RV Power Adapter
$5.58 in store price.

You can see pics of the adapter and the outlet at the campground below.

David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - Video of Tri-State Buses 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
A fantastic video by Bryan Feddish of Tri-State Buses last year!

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbaQ0Y4-vY
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - Potluck Dinner
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
Just a reminder, there is a change from last year, instead of having a potluck breakfast we will be having a Potluck International Dinner. Everyone participating in the potluck should make a dish from their ethinic or cultural background. Being polish I may provide Kielbasi and Sauerkraut (to be determined) for example. We'll start a list of who's bringing what closer to the campout.

Dave
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - T-Shirts Deadline Change !!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 11:21:09 AM »
Today is the deadline for pre-ordered T-Shirts !! I will only have a few extra T-Shirts at the campout. I can't guarantee I will have your size, but you can! Order the shirts now and guarantee you will have them in your size(s).

Adult T-Shirts:
Color: Royal Blue
Sizes: S-XL $18, 2X and above $20

Youth T-Shirts:
Color: Royal Blue
All youth sizes $14 each, size chart below.

Size...Chest....Length....Sleeve Length....Youth Size
XS.......31......20 1/2........13 1/2..............2 - 4
S.........34......22..............14 1/2.............6 - 8
M........36......23 1/2........15 1/2.............10 - 12
L.........38......25..............16 1/2.............14 - 16
XL.......40......26 1/2........17 1/2.............18 - 20

The Paypal email address is tristatebuses©gmail.com. If you select personal and then gift for the sending option there shouldn't be any Paypal fees.

If you need to send a check or money order please message me and I will reply with a mailing address. If you want to wait until the campout to see what I have left, I will take cash, check, or money order ONLY.

Tri-State Buses campout
April 26 - 28, 2013

Dave
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:49 AM »
I have posted information about the campout on several venues:

GTI 16V - VW Show and Event Info 2013: http://www.gti16v.com/tsbcsho.htm#tsbcsho

The Samba: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/archiv ... 356--.html

Full Moon Bus Club: http://mail.fullmoonbusclub.com/plugins ... .php?51758

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/142053529295967/

If you know of anyone not on LiMBO here that would like to come to the campout, please direct them to one of the other venues. Thank you very much!
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - One week away!!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 10:10:46 AM »
ONE WEEK UNTIL THE TRI-STATE BUSES CAMPOUT!!

We will be having crafts for the kids from 1pm to 4pm. The International-Cultural Potluck Dinner will be at 6pm. Following Dinner (about 7-7:30pm) we will have the Door Prize giveaways.

We are looking forward to seeing old friends again and welcoming new ones!
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - Four Days Away!!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 05:54:06 PM »
FOUR DAYS TO GO TO TRI-STATE BUSES !!

We're supposed to have mostly sunny days in the low 60's all weekend long! You just can't get any better than that!

We're looking to have a great time with our old frineds and some news ones! IN addition to the FMBC gang we also are looking forward to the LiMBO and the Rites of Spring gangs this year!!

Come on and get your camping on!!

http://http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Montague+NJ+USNJ0323:1:US
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - IS TOMORROW!!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 08:33:04 PM »
Tomorrow is Tri-State Buses!!

I just talked to Campground manager John. He said he'll be there at 8:30 am or his brother will be there, and everyone's welcome to come in. Just go to the rally field. There is no early entry fee. There is a map on the website but its not the best so, enter the campground, the office will be on you left and you will enter a small open parking lot in front of the office, bear right along the fence and as you drive down the road you will see the paviliion and then the open rally field.

Also there is no need to bring firewood. I arranged for it up there already.

See you there!!

Routan Dave
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - T-Shirt Problem!!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 08:37:10 PM »
The printer had a problem with his equipment and will only be able to get the preordered shirts printed and delivered to me for tomorrow. I will already be at the campground by then but Kim is coming up on Saturday and will bring them. If you wanted a shirt and didn't preorder it I will have some at other campouts. We are planning on going to Granny's.

RD
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

Routan Dave

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Tri-State Buses 2013 - Epilogue
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »
We had a great weekend of perfect spring weather to put the campout at the right setting. Thank you to all who came! It was a glorious weekend! We hope all of you did as well!

We had a total of 22, (1) Routan, (1) Vista, (1) Rialta, (3) Bays, and (16) Vanagons. We were up by four vehicles from last year!

Thank you to all who came out for the campout: David & Family, Andrea and Brad, Kevin, Jim & Sally, Bill & Edna, Dale and Jean, Joe, Ken & Malissa & Family, Bryan & Family, Chris, Chris, Dominic, John, Emil & Bertie, Mike & Cathy, Clark, Karl & Linda, Chris & Family, Sue & Family, Ed, and Bob.

Thank you to LiMBO and Dale Ward, and GOWESTY for sponsoring our campout! We also enjoyed hosting the LiMBO Rites of Spring and look forward to doing so again next year!

Thank you to John and his staff at Rockview Valley Campground for providing us with good firewood, clean bathrooms and showers, and just caring about us having a great time at their campground. We will be back next year!!

http://www.rockviewvalley.com

Thank you to all who participated in the International potluck and and extra thanks to all who were able to actually make a dish that was not normally had before at a potluck. It was a great success and many people seemed vey happy with the selection and quality of food. All were stuffed!

Thank you to the handful of people that aided me while my wife wasn't there until Saturday evening, and throughout the weekend and at the end with cleaning up; Jim & Sally, Bill & Edna, Brad & Andrea, Bryan, and Malissa & Ken.

Thank you to all the dog owners who cleaned up not only after their dogs but clearly other dogs. It was a severe improvement from last year. I think the issue was the running around at night as you can't see whom and where they planted the little packages. Any suggestions to compensate for this would be appreciated.

Thank you to Dave and Bryan for a great night of entertainment with the guitar and bass guitar. it was a special treat that was appreciated by all!

Thank you to Ken for helping me launch the UFO's to confuse or excite the neighborhood!

A REALLY special thanks to Bryan Feddish for playing bass guitar, making outstanding sushi, shooting and preparing the wonderful video, leading a hike to the top of the overlook, and keeping me grounded during the weekend, all whilst being a good dedicated watchful father. THANK YOU BRYAN!!!

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-73yI9rMN8

See you all next year!

Routan Dave
David & Kim

76 Westy Auto
05 Jetta Sedan
09 Routan

Tri-State Buses
April 26 to 28, 2013

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.