For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Thank you West River Westies 2011  (Read 5637 times)

destructo

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Thank you West River Westies 2011
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »
So this year was my first ever VW campout.  On friday I loaded up the 85 westy and my wife and 10 week old.  North we headed an hour to Townshend, VT.
At the campground we were greeted with big smiles and waves as we drove through the sea of buses, vans and tents.  The weather couldn't have been any better and the full moon friday night was out of this world.  It was heaven.
This was our first camp adventure with the new baby and that proved to be more difficult than expected and I ended up getting a splitting headache saturday night from too much sun  :oops:   Other than that it couldn't have been more fun!  
There was a gentleman with his wife and three sons across from us who were awesome.  His name was Jeff.  If he reads this I want to thank him and his wife for sharing a couple things we forgot to bring with us.  Also, Bill M. I wasn't able to say goodbye and check out his sweet zetec turbo due to the heat and a fussy baby.
I have a few pictures and hopefully I will post them on Limbo soon.  Take care everyone and hope to see some of you at future events! 8)

Eddie, Laurel and baby Hazel
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by destructo »
Dude, Where\'s your van?

KingBee

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
You have a great new family going and we were happy to help out!
Wish we knew about the headache, I could have provided multiple cure options too, haha!
I look forward to seeing Hazel toddling about next year!
Enjoy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by KingBee »
._____
 /__|__\\
 | \\ @ / |
 |_\\._/_|
.||___||_
Time Flies Like an Arrow,
Fruit Flies Like a Banana!

Red Baron

Thanks to All at West River Westies 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 01:28:43 PM »
We would like to share with all who attended West River Westies 2011 the following acknowledgement letter from Grace Cottage Hospital. It is truly a tribute to all of you who not only had some fun, made new friends and greeted old ones but contributed generously thru the Bucket Raffle the $1,000 that is designated for the expansion of Grace Cottage's Medical Imaging Suite. The construction of this facility is well underway and should be up and running next year.

http://http://www.gracecottage.org

As you can see from the acknowledgement letter that West River Westies has now donated just short of $4,000 in 7 years and that "LiMBO - West River Westies" will be included on a plaque in the new Imaging Suite when completed.

Our personal thanks to all who helped make this a memorable event which includes not only those attending but volunteers like our Ticket and Raffle Masters, the Starters and Judges for the "LiMBO Regatta", designer and production of logoed T-Shirts and those who set up tables and helped clean up or did anything to help out.

If you had fun and enjoyed West River Westies 2011 and want to do it again next year, give us a shout and we'll see you "On the River" and "Lets go Camping".

The Gnome of the Lox and his bride, your West River Westies
Wagonmasters.

Nev and Sue Lescher
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

Red Baron

Grace Cottage Hospital Imaging Center
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »
Just to keep everyone up to date on the  construction progress of the new Medical Imaging Center at Grace Cottage Hospital in Townshend, VT. As you can see the addition to the main hospital is about 80% complete. In mid July, the addition was only partially structured. This week, it is completely enclosed and roofed, so construction is moving along and on schedule.

The donation of $1,000 made from the Bucket Raffle at West River Westies VIII is only a fraction of what this facility costs, but when completed it will greatly enhance the medical services offered by this small Vermont Regional Hospital.

Thanks again to all and we'll see you "On the River" next year at West River Westies IX, July 13 - 15, 2012.

"Lets Go Camping"

Red Baron

The Blue Max

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
That's awesome!  Thanks for sharing Nevin  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by The Blue Max »

Red Baron

Grace Cottage Hospital Imaging Suite
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »
The 20' x 40' Medical Imaging Suite at Grace Cottage Hospital, Townshend, VT has been completed and the new 40-slice CT scanner has been delivered and installed. As noted before, West River Westies VIII donated $1,000 this year to the Hospital to help with this significant installation and LiMBO - West River Westies will be on the donor wall plaque.

The ribbon-cutting ceremony is scheduled for Friday, November 18th at 10AM. Join in this ceremony if you can.

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
Any dates for WRW   - 2012?   I want to secure some vacation time!

EDIT just saw above - "Thanks again to all and we'll see you "On the River" next year at West River Westies IX, July 13 - 15, 2012. "
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

DAIZEE

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
Hi.  Hope to make this one too!  Do I register with the organization or with the campground.  Forgive me I'm new.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by DAIZEE »
83,5 Vanagon L Riviera Model converted to 97 1.9L TD AAZ

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
West River
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
The date is July 13- 15 come one come all! This is a great Limbo camp out! The Great Gnome of the Luxs and his Lady Sue Jane put on one of the best camp outs you Volks will ever go too! I am just a loyal subject of the great Red Baron! Hope you come, the Con Kid. Check the events page for more info, and what other great camp outs there are!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.