For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: New Member from Montreal  (Read 3745 times)

franck2cv

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
New Member from Montreal
« on: June 22, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
Hi !

My name is Franck, I'm enjoying my second season in our 85 Weekender and I'm seriously tempted to attend  to the Vermont event (Townshend) to meet some of of you! My wife Nathalie and my son Liam (3.5 yo) will be with me too.
Any other toddler coming at all?
If you happen to know the region well, Could someone advise us on a scenic route to take? We shall be setting of early morning (Friday) to enjoy the journey rather than rushing it!

Looking forward to meeting you
Franck
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by franck2cv »
Franck
(Montreal, Qc - Brown Weekender 1985; Citroen 2cv 1964)

rmace

• LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »
Yes there will be other toddiers their. You mite want to check with Guy Kenndy, he lives in Burlington VT. He may have a good route you can take other than the high way. He also checks in on the facebook page of Limbo. You will have a great time, just check in with the Wagon master Nevin. You can not miss him, he is larger than life. Hope this helps later Rich
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rmace »

franck2cv

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »
Thank you Rich.

I'll leave the facebook thing to my better half.... she's the Facebook addict, whilst I'm the 'anti' :-O

I'm going to register too.  Does someone know how mamy people or VW's  are excpected?

Franck
Franck

MrLiMBO

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »
We usually get about 75 or so buses.. A dozen or so dogs, 2 cats, a bird and -I think- a hamster. Plus a Gnome.

Nice crowd.  

We had a ton of babies there last year.  It was some sort of baby boom.  Most we'd seen in years.  

Google maps will help with the route planing. I notice you can come down route 2 to route 7 in Vermont and the cut over from Rutland down to RT 103 to Rt 100 then down to rt 30 and you're pretty much there.  When you search with Google maps, check the option to 'Avoid Highways'.   It will give you some nice route to take.  

I think route 100 goes all the way to the Canadian border, but its a slow way to go.  Even if you want to take the long way. I might be tempted to come down I89 to where it intesects with Route 100 and go from there.  It won't be so long and its a nice ride.  Good luck.  Hope to see you there.   -Jim
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

franck2cv

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Thank you everyone for making us feel so welcome!
The atmosphere was fab and the weather is definitely not the main reason for such a successful event.
We had a brilliant time and can't wait to book the 2012 WRW !
In the mean time, If any of you fancy a visit to Montreal, give us a shout.
 :D
Franck

vanagonne

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »
It's nice to hear from you, we met Sunday morning and glad you enjoyed you visit, hope to see you again. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vanagonne »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.