For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Back up light contactor  (Read 2114 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Back up light contactor
« on: July 21, 2005, 01:08:11 PM »
 ???<br>Hello all<br>I have an 88 wolfsburg and have had problems starting until I pop the gear shift lever (automatic), come to find out the little contactor that makes contact with the nuetral park start switch had worn through and needs to be replaced. My problem is finding one and exactly what the nomencature for this contactor is. Also is that switch called the back up switch because thats the only switch I see listed, I don't see a nuetral start switch listed for the automatic. I would like to get a new one as any I find in a junked one will most likely be in bad shape also. Hot wiring it right now so any input would be appreciated.<br>                                      Thanks  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: Back up light contactor
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:32:39 PM »
Had the same thing happen on my '89 vanagon a few years ago. I got one from VW after trying to find one aftermarket without much luck. You might be able to score a new one from The Parts Place in Auburn Hills, MI. I've bought a lot of stuff from them and they're the greatest. Their phone is 248.373.2300<br>Good luck
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.