For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Westies in the Woods &/or West Milford  (Read 3806 times)

vetterdog

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Westies in the Woods &/or West Milford
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:33:29 AM »
Well it looks like since Stokes State Forest here in NJ has rained on our parade again by limiting the # of buses and folks we can have at our Memorial Day campout that a new venue has appeared; West Milford NJ. (Hi John!) The Stokes trip is still on, with a limit and a few spaces left, but I was wondering if this will split our usual group on that weekend. Personally, I'd like us all to be in one big happy place. I think the kids and I willbe going to Stokes this year,(they are creatures of habbit) but rest assured I will bring this topic up at the campfire. Who out there is going to which? I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. Also if you view my thread in "Bay Window Concerns- 79 Westie Hard start/Idle after warmup" I am thinking of offering a reward to anyone who can help me with my little headache.
Cheers!  -Dave
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vetterdog »

prez

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
westy's mest milford
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:31:22 AM »
Last year the reservation for Stokes was made at the same time for the West Milford event,  so we will have room for 'about' 40 cars in total.  Of course, we know Stokes is limited to 20 due to the limit set in '08.  Bill Messmer and I have received comfirmation there is a general limit to 20 vans, at Wesbrook Park, West Milford.     This is due to renovations to a small bridge which joins the other end of the campground which is a group area capaible of 60 more.    As we speak, we cannot use the bridge, which may change at any time.   Since the former KOA campground is owned by the town, these 'improvements' have been a slow go, yet we have large new restrooms, showers, and limited electric.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by prez »

vetterdog

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:38:53 PM »
Good to hear that there might be room up there eventually. I will bring up the idea of moving the whole shebang up north for 2011. Maybe by then I'll get my bus running right, put the trailer hitch on and haul my old Triumph up for some touring up there!
Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vetterdog »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.