For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Official Sightings Thread  (Read 4377 times)

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unitedstaging.com
Official Sightings Thread
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
I know this has its place on those other sites, so I wanted to start one since, I ,like most get excited when I see a bus..!JOE
so yes I saw a bus this morning.

white early bay ( or lowlight) missing the rear luggage carrier, was at the rest stop on 495 near exit 30 something.

day before yessaday, I saw a painted up bay on rt2 being towed, had eyes painted on the windshield!

2 weeks ago I saw a v-gon double cab on rt2 near Sterling Ma. was camoflauge and was also being towed..looked like they were going to the Irving gas station off exit 26.

anyone???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by St.Bus »
78Loaf
aka 78Kombi on FullMoonBusClub.com

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
Howdy Joe,  is your bus on the road???

Might be in MA (Westford/ Wilmington) first weekend in August if all goes well.

I posted a note on the Facebook/FMBC page to tell everyone to come over to Limbo.

Volksvair is 8/7, same place but we are not bringing a car this year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by corvairbusguy »

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 07:52:04 PM »
Gimme a shout if you are in the area, WIlmington is right down the road from my work. we can get a roast beef at Simards!!!
Im trying to get the bus up to par for West River in VT  . so tomorrow Im taking a trip to Johns Car Corner to get some stuff for the bus.I was there a few days ago and saw alot of goodies. so i gotta grab a mufflah,tires,seatbelt(rear) and whatever else it takes to max out the credit card hehe..JOe
78Loaf

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:41:18 PM »
Saw only two on my trip from Mass to West Virginia last week of June into July 4th.  Both Vanagon Westfalias.  One drove right by me as I was picking Rasberries by the lower bridge across New River Gorge.  My wife couldn;t believe it that I did not see it or tune in to the sound of the flat 4!

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »
saw a beige vanagon westy with north carolina plates on 495 south , last week.
78Loaf

corvairbusguy

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »
Quote from: "St.Bus"
Gimme a shout if you are in the area, WIlmington is right down the road from my work. we can get a roast beef at Simards!!!
Im trying to get the bus up to par for West River in VT  . so tomorrow Im taking a trip to Johns Car Corner to get some stuff for the bus.I was there a few days ago and saw alot of goodies. so i gotta grab a mufflah,tires,seatbelt(rear) and whatever else it takes to max out the credit card hehe..JOe

Its gonna be a fast trip if at all.  What it is is my wifes brother is having the second annual family gathering at his place in Wilmington, off 38 near woburn line.  We usually stay at her sisters house in Westford near 4/225.  No VolksVair for me but maybe Ken (PaintedBus) will be at that one.

IF my daughter can get Friday off from her job we would leave VB Thursday midnight, 12-14 hour trip.  I would have to be back at work 0600 Monday.

SO r u still trying to sell?  Come to the party, I think my brother in law with the Beatle and the Thing could be looking...

viva la fmbc
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by corvairbusguy »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.