For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Vw Bus for parade on Saturday  (Read 4664 times)

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unitedstaging.com
Vw Bus for parade on Saturday
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »
As some of you know, I work in entertainment. So I am passing this on for a friend.
This weekend on saturday is the Boston Gay Pride Parade, It is their 40th Annual
so they are looking for a vw bus to take part in the parade, they will pay you 200-300 dollars, I belive the parade starts at noon,they want to hang a banner on the side of the bus and have a couple of  drag queens in 70's garb ride along with you.
 I would do it. but I have a new baby at home ( 3 weeks old now!!)
If you are interested, email me and I will forward you the information.
Joe
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by St.Bus »
78Loaf
aka 78Kombi on FullMoonBusClub.com

obnoxiousblue

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 03:05:02 AM »
Can you forward on the info? This seems right up my alley!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by obnoxiousblue »

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:50:42 AM »
info sent, thanks
78Loaf

obnoxiousblue

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 01:02:07 AM »
Might be headn up to Boston for the weekend... Is anyone close by (with a wide driveway for me to sleep on) or can anyone tell if there is a local Walmart or truck stop in the area for me to park Peabody for the night? Looks like Ill be needing Friday night - Sat Am.

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:22:33 AM »
well did you go?
any pics of yer bus in the parade???
78Loaf

obnoxiousblue

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
Oh I went alright!

I worked Friday 5am-3pm, ran home, and packed up Peabody. I shot out to Port Jeff and caught a 7pm ferry. Then made my way up 91 and 84 into Boston. I met up with a long time friend Ian (who just bought his first place, a BEAUTIFULL brownstone in Bostons Southern Historic district) and a few friends in the Fenway area (very big college party area) and we wound up back at a friends place till like 3am. I caught some zZzZz's over at Ians place and got up at the 7 to get the bus rinsed down, and meet back with the event planners at 830 by The House of Blues.

Some people here may know me 'more' than others, and know that by no means (if I can be more G rated) was I 'out of place' at the gay parade... But this was far more of an undertaking than even I was accustomed... Awesome to experiance, and I had an absolute BLAST while I was up there I even got to do the freedom trail, hang with some friends, and make a few bucks.

It rained on our parade, but the show still went on. Surounded by about 10 guys, provocatively dressed promoting a nightclub (that I went in, and promptly left LOL) Long route too, and there were THOUSANDS on THOUSANDS of people! The entire route the bus was maybe two feet clear on both sides!

Thanks for the gig!

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
HAHA!! glad you went, I know alot of people would not have done it just cuzza the gay factor.
Its good to have the Bus bring in some money for once instead of it taking it all.
btw nice bus!
78Loaf

obnoxiousblue

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »
Oh I didnt mind the gay factor one bit... (even though like I said it was beyond what I had ever imagined) it was cool to experiance.

Thanks I love my bus :-) its a 77, still all fuel injected, I take it all over. Had it down to Daytona for WinterJam, been up to Ct twice since Feb, did PA twice (campbelltown and a camping trip) and taking it to Litchfield this weekend!

Were a good pair!

Thanks again for the parade gig... was fun, and a good chance to visit and catch up with friends up there!

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.