For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Electrical Issue - 1972 Campmobile - Newcomer to LiMBO  (Read 3423 times)

phil

• Administrator
  • LiMBO NUT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.empirevwcamping.org
Electrical Issue - 1972 Campmobile - Newcomer to LiMBO
« on: May 08, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »
I am posting this for a local friend who needs assistance with his campmobile -- Phil

Basically my left brake light doesn't work and also the right signal light has a fast flash in both
the front and the rear.  I've check and changed the bulbs along with the grounds.  I've lightly sanded the ground clips to ensure a good connection.  Also, when I have my right signal light on and I step on the brakes the signal bulbs in the dash go out.  When my left signal is on, the lights in the dash still flash and everything is fine.
When I step on the brakes, the right red brake light goes on, but the left one does not.  Also when I have the headlights turned on, the right tail light goes on, but the left does not.

BTW, everything was working last year up until about the end of summer.  I didn't do any type of repairs or mods.  It just seemed to happen by itself.  Its very strange.
Thats a quick run down on what works and what doesn't and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by phil »

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unitedstaging.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »
prolly have to drop the engine, and while its out.....
um usually at my house, when i turn on a light switch and the light doesnt come on, i get a new bulb. the fast blinker is a tell tale sign..and the dark is too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by St.Bus »
78Loaf
aka 78Kombi on FullMoonBusClub.com

prez

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Electrical
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »
Please go over ALL grounds!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by prez »

aix

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »
Make sure you are using the correct bulbs. A single filament bulb in a two filament socket (and vice versa) can create the symptoms you are experiencing. The brake & turn signal wiring come together at the tail lamp assemblies and nowhere else, I think, so that's where the problem is likely to be found.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by aix »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.