For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Bus running at its best?  (Read 2530 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Bus running at its best?
« on: May 23, 2005, 02:07:22 AM »
I just got a 1979 camper and I was wondering if buses usually take 5 minutes to get going.  I'm still trying to learn more about the engine and self help type stuff but it dies if I don't rev it up for awhile. A guy that owned one said it always takes him 5 to 10 minutes to get going but I wasn't sure.  Any useful information would be great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: Bus running at its best?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 05:36:00 AM »
if it's fi ,u should be able to jump in and go ,i would check the air flow meter , them recheck everything with the bentley . i can't remember if there is a wide open throtle switch mounted on the throtle housing, check there to ,good luck  :)

Red Baron

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 10:21:53 PM »
With a good multi meter and a test light, you can check out the fuel injection on that bus.  If it is fuel injection that it.  It its running poor cold, check the temp sensor under the intake manifold and also check the cylinder head temp sensor on the left side cylinder head near the number three spark plug.    Like I said, if its fuel injection, take the bentley book, a multi meter and a test light and check it out.  Most every thing on this system will test out with a multi meter.   Bus fuel injection it very easy to work on and it runs great when its tuned right.  Don't let anyone talk you into a carberator.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Red Baron »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 04:04:21 PM »
firstly check that your auxillary air valve is opening and closing properly. this lets more air in upon initial start up. when functioning properly your engine will idle higher for the first minute or so of running. is your timing set?points gapped properly? ignition problems are usually more problematic than fuel injection components.

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.