For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: spotted a friend in a book  (Read 3520 times)

St.Bus

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unitedstaging.com
spotted a friend in a book
« on: November 07, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »
So , like 3 years ago i got this book for christmas from Jen, Its called Travelling with the VW Bus and Camper, well on page 89 there is a picture of Jim D's bus..small world just got smaller..funny that we were his neighbor in VT west river westys, just kind of a mind trip..
JIM DONT SELL YOUR BUS MAN!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by St.Bus »
78Loaf
aka 78Kombi on FullMoonBusClub.com

Bradleyvw

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Re: spotted a friend in a book
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »
Quote from: "St.Bus"

Jim, your selling your bus?
Another book that has a lot of local Buses in it is called VW Bus by William Burt. It has Jerry Edges Eurovan, Ron and Beckys paisley Splitty doormobile and Mike Benthons Bay.  Andrea and I are in there too! Pictures were taken at High Country N Carolina in 2002!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Bradleyvw »

prez

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
friend in a book
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »
High country  was a blast-hard to believe is was 2002-before the big rear end accident in my '72-Ron and Becky drove down with me from N.J. to get the 'Trailer Queen' award, [well deserved].  There were engine block burnings in the campfire, live bands, and a big show.   I'd like to see these pics-where are they?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by prez »

MrLiMBO

Re: spotted a friend in a book
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »
Quote from: "Bradleyvw"
Quote from: "St.Bus"
Jim, your selling your bus?

I posted it for sale on the New LiMBO swap area. Its a half hearted attempt to sell.   Times are getting tough.. I may be forces to take it to a larger audience.   10K will take it. No less.

PS:  The publisher of that book sent me a copy to review.  I think I posted a article about it in the LiMBO newsletter last year.  Andrea may still have a copy of it.

Stan Wolhfarth took the photo at the Guthrie walk the first year I owned it.  I hadn't owned it a month at that point.  That's Arlo riding in front with my son Dylan and myself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrLiMBO »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.