For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: What about RIALTA  (Read 3900 times)

alain riaud

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
What about RIALTA
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:06:29 AM »
It may be off topic here, but I need to post twice before beeing able to add a link to my picture gallery.

Anyway, I planned to ship my vanagon to US and back next year for a few month road trip. It's awfully expensive.

Another option is to buy a camper, use it and sell it back.
I already own a vanagon, I know it very well, mine is  reliable.
But their are known to be quite unreliable, motor wise, so I'm afraid of buying a lemon and spoiling my vacations.

I'm thinking of a RIALTA. What do you think of this idea?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by alain riaud »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »
I agree buying a Vanagon and counting on using it as sold is probably pretty risky.  

What about renting a motor home?  I know it is expensive to rent, but it would be the easiest.  There are places such cruise america (.com) that rent out RV's from 19' (5.8 meters) to 30' (>9 m) .  

These typically have RV America across them and huge graphics that are a turn-off to many - well at least to me.

Our friends rented from a place that rents out peoples RV (newer ones only) and therefore do not have "rental graphics" all over them.

How long do you plan to be in the states?  

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »
http://www.westernroadtrips.com/

this place rents Eurovan Weekenders.  They used to rent Vanagons, but no more.  There are Vanagon Westfalia rentals available in the states.  I can look into this more if you like.

The link below takes you to a place that rents Westfalias and has links to others that do the same.  Note - some of these places I believe are small time, despite a nice web page - so use caution.  

http://www.californiacampers.com/

http://www.lostcampersusa.com/Vehicles.html smaller than a Vanagon, but pretty cool!

Send me a  PM with your e-mail if you like.

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

alain riaud

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »
Quote from: "Vanagonjr"
I agree buying a Vanagon and counting on using it as sold is probably pretty risky.  

What about renting a motor home?  I know it is expensive to rent, but it would be the easiest.  There are places such cruise america (.com) that rent out RV's from 19' (5.8 meters) to 30' (>9 m) .  

These typically have RV America across them and huge graphics that are a turn-off to many - well at least to me.

Our friends rented from a place that rents out peoples RV (newer ones only) and therefore do not have "rental graphics" all over them.

How long do you plan to be in the states?  

John

The point is, I plan to stay 2 or 3 month, that's why the buying option could be wise, from the money side.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by alain riaud »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.