For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Mechanic delema  (Read 2831 times)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Mechanic delema
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:56:03 PM »
My '90 Syncro is (suprise), pressurizing my cooling system, and has blown an oil seal. It also seems the cost to fix these two items in this area is about the same as a rebuilt longblock. Everyone I've talked too has had less then positive remarks about the various ready made longblocks on the market.  While I would love to afford a conversion, reality dictates something more modest is in order. I would prefer to have someone relatively local (1-2 hour drive) do the work and/or install. My neighbor and LiMBO member Frank Parsick suggested asking for help here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.<br>                                              Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanic delema
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 04:52:21 AM »
hello vandickie,i saw from your profile that u are in jersey , bloomfield , well i'm in nutley everynight at work at the nj transit garage , stop by and ask for mark .anyway, i would bring it to vanagain in south jersey , ken at vanagain did mine . i bought the motor from boston bob . the total price is worth it ;D . ken was the most honest guy that i ever met ;D. u can bring it to marty's in west milford but i never dealt with him  ???. u could wait until i open my shop/club house  in paterson next year .  :)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 03:44:25 PM »
Thanks for the info! I'll try and stop by early next week. :)

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 02:45:58 AM »
I'll second the motion for a Boston Bob engine, if you get to that point. I've been very happy with a few air-cooled motors he's built for me, and his specialty these days is Vanagon water-boxers. See what Ken thinks, he's good people too.<br><br>Stan Wohlfarth<br>LiMBO prez

Anonymous

• LiMBO NEWBEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 11:22:12 PM »
Bob is building and Ken is installing so I should be on the road again soon! Thaks for everyone's hepl. ;D

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.