For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: Blue Rocks Campground OCT 23-25, Lenhartsville, PA  (Read 9954 times)

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Blue Rocks Campground OCT 23-25, Lenhartsville, PA
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
www.bluerockscampground.com

We are all sad to lose the great Kampers on the Rocks campout this year. Andrea Rasso contacted me today and we decided we would reserve a site for the Oct 23-25th. Here's the info: Site #94 (new this year, but about same size as 2 years ago), reservation is under Malissa Weikel and is #1862. You will need to call to make your reservation and they will require 1 night deposit (credit cards ok). It is $30/night, pit toilets in our area, rustic- showers and flush toilets are available, but be prepared to hike. We will do a pot luck Sat night for dinner.

Campground activities for the weekend:
October 23rd - 25th “Halloween Weekend #4”
Sat. - 5:30 pm Trick or Treating (Meet under outside Pavilion)
7:00 pm Blue Rocks Annual Halloween Party
8:00 pm Costume Judging

Lots to do near by: Joe's U Pull it Auto parts in New Ringold, short drive away; Cabela's; Long Trout Winery in Auburn PA (Hippie themed and so good!) Hiking trails from campground to Pulpit's Rock lookout and can continue on to the Pinnacle lookout--highest point in Berks County and also where AT crosses this section of the state.

If I missed anything, please ask! Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by missnken »
Go\'in on a van ride.

vetterdog

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Huh?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:15:54 AM »
I am a little confused. I've been led to believe there won't be a Kampers on the rocks this year. On another thread I was told it's not happening. In the above thread, it is stated that "We are all sad to lose the great Kampers on the Rocks campout this year. " But it appears as though you are organizing a trip there? If this is so, can you tell me the size of the site, how many folks are allowed/expected, etc. I'd love to bring the kids and Fido out, I'm just looking for some clarification. Thanks,  Dave
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vetterdog »

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 08:32:19 AM »
Nothing to be confused about.  The original hosts of this event were not going to continue it this year.  Andrea and myself decided to reserve a spot at the same campground for those who still want to come.  Everyone is invited to join us.

Dogs are allowed at Blue Rocks.  Not sure how many to expect....usually there is about 12-15 buses, but last year I think they got afew more than that.  We should have no problem with the 12-15 (our site fits '10' tents).....this was the biggest they had available when I called them yesterday.  Plus, most of us are pretty good about cramming in, so if those who arrive first plan to cram, we'll be ok.

As far as kids go....of course you can bring them!  The campground is having trick or treating Sat night (which a bunch of our kids participated in last year) and also their Halloween party.  We will be up on a hill, so biking for the wee ones probably isn't a good idea.  We will be a short, easy walk from the rocks, so you can take the kids down to check out and climb on them.  We'll be a little far from the playground...but you could walk down there if you and kids are motivated!  My 2 will definitely be there (3 and 5) and there will probably be a bunch more.

FYI our contact info:   Ken and Malissa Weikel
missnken@dejazzd.com
610-682-0983 (home)
610-223-5758 (Malissa)
610-223-5390 (Ken)
Go\'in on a van ride.

vetterdog

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 06:14:54 PM »
Excellent! Thanks so much. My kids (10 & 13) love blue rocks, and we are definitely planning on being there. And yes, my dog's name really is Fido.
-Dave
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vetterdog »

The Blue Max

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »
Just to let you all know, I had already finished the newsletter before Malissa and I reserved the site, so there will be nothing in the upcoming newsletter about it...

....so please help get the word out to anyone you think may be interested.....

Single sites throughout the campground are available- perhaps you want an electric site closer to the Blue Rocks or the playground.  Our group site does not have electric.  

Either way, we will have potluck on Saturday night, and I have some door prizes to raffle off.

BRING FIREWOOD.....

Here is the link to the page on Blue Rocks website with the map.
http://http://www.bluerockscampground.com/SiteMap.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by The Blue Max »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
On fire wood, you really should not move fire wood, particularly from the northeast.

The last campsite I camped in in Mass and in Canada, asked that you do not bring fire wood due to beetle problems.  In Canada, it was so bad that entire mountain sides were brown and there were roadside signs describing the problem.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/20 ... tles_N.htm

http://www.dontmovefirewood.org/

Just buy the firewood locally, or bring 2 x 4 scraps, cabinet maker cast offs.

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Firewood
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »
There is a great place to get wood on the way into the campground from rte 78.  You can't miss it and it's about $10 for a nice size bin.  It'll be on the left when you turn left off of Rte 143.  We live locally to the campground and will be bringing some from home as well.
Go\'in on a van ride.

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
I CHANGED THE SITE to #78
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 04:27:07 PM »
Hey everyone....Susan King went up to Blue Rocks this week and scoped out the sites.....she said site 78 is better (where we were 2 years ago) because there is access from 3 sides of the site, less trees and is flatter.  I called and switched us to site 78.  Sue and afew others are getting single sites.  Feel free to do what you want, but we will have room for at least 15 buses on site 78.  If you prefer to get a single site...you'd better call soon to reserve as they are getting full.

Malissa
Go\'in on a van ride.

The Blue Max

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 04:33:14 PM »
Super!!  I love that you are on top of things.  Thanks Missy.

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Potluck Sunday Breakfast...
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »
Dave and Kim want to carry on the tradition of pumpkin pancakes for Sunday breakfast and graciously offered to cook them up for us.  Please bring a pot luck breakfast item to share for Sunday breakfast!  He's also giving tours of the Routan!  :)
Go\'in on a van ride.

savat

• LiMBO LURKER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
OH BOY!!!  ...tours of the Routan!
________
easy vape
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:12:48 AM by savat »
Angela
Joe, Damian and Sadie

Bradleyvw

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Blue Rocks
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 06:51:36 PM »
Less than a week to go.  Everybody, get ready to do one more camping event before the freezing weather arrives. No reservations needed. We will be heading up Friday night, after work, hopefully getting there by 8pm! Have the fire ready!  Se you all there. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Bradleyvw »

missnken

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
Link to ongoing thread at FMBC regarding BLUE ROCKS
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 07:08:01 PM »
http://fullmoonbusclub.com/e107_plugins ... ?184663.30

For those who don't get on Full Moon, there is a thread over there about this campout as well.  Please check out.  Someone suggested a beer tasting....bring some to share in the spirit of the season.  There is a list of who is bringing what on the thread....feel free to join in the fun.  Also reminder of pot luck dinner Sat night featuring Saurbratten ala Dave and Kim and a Sun am breakfast potluck featuring Pumpkin Pancakes ala Dave and Kim.  Keeping fingers crossed for a warm and dry weekend!  Kenny and I should be there around check in time on Friday or sometime in afternoon.   From the feedback I've been getting, we are in for a nice size crowd!  Pack in tight when you arrive so we can accommodate everyone!  Please tell the office you will be at SITE #78.  ((They probably will not have a clue if you mention the VW GROUP...although I will remind them when we check in!))  Safe travels and see everyone there!

Malissa
Go\'in on a van ride.

The Blue Max

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:05 PM »
READY TO HAVE A SUPER FUN TIME.  CAN'T WAIT.

Whoo Hoo.

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.