For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: My Holiday Weekend (in the 77!)  (Read 2760 times)

obnoxiousblue

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
My Holiday Weekend (in the 77!)
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:07:59 PM »
So this weekend I actually had my first chance to spend some real time out with the bus. Every year, I work a local soccer tournament that hires out for per-diem EMT's and while the usual hang out is on the field under an E-Z-up, the Westy proved a much more popular, and comfortable alternative. I was able to pull the bus right up onto the field at a local high school. We were one, of 6 sites participating in the tournament and with 23 fields, and 217 individual soccer teams participating there was plenty of people stopping in to say hi and tell thier own renditions of the "I had this same van when..." story. Myself and some friends had the chance to really hang out and enjoy the great weather, I poped the top, and during the day had the screen windows all open, the awning was out and the jalousies were cranked full open. The inverters were running all day, and the additional deep-cycle battery really came in handy! It was running my Bose stereo from Saturday 7am-8pm right through to Sunday 7am-8pm on 110V with no power interupption! We had a blast. After the tournament ended some friends from the Ambulance corps had a BBQ and baseball game on an adjacent fieild, again the bus was the center of attention and really MADE the party what it was... Heres some pics!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by obnoxiousblue »

The Blue Max

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:36:56 PM »
Super happy to hear you and all your buddies enjoyed Peabody.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by The Blue Max »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.